Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-10-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
wear_a_helmet
wear_a_helmet began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Mounted webdav share as library location?

Hi everyone,

I did some extensive searching, but I couldn't get a solution to my problem.

I am using dropbox to sync my files across systems. Naturally, I would also like to sync my calibre library. However, I use a little program called securstick that encrypts all my data in my dropbox and mounts it is a (readable) webdav drive. In other words: dropbox data is not readable prior to decryption and is only accessible on the mounted drive.

What this eventually boils down to is that I need to be able to put the location of my calibre library on a webdav mount (dav://127.0.0.1:2000/X/Library). It shows up on my computer, but when I try change the location in calibre, it doesn't show up and I can't browse to it either. Pasting the location doesn't work either, I get the following error:
ERROR: Bad location: /home/[USERNAME]/dav:/127.0.0.1:2000/X/Library is not an existing folder

So, does anyone know if, and how, it is possible to move the location of my calibre library to a webdav mount?

[I am using Linux Mint/Ubuntu]
wear_a_helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:19 AM   #2
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wear_a_helmet View Post
What this eventually boils down to is that I need to be able to put the location of my calibre library on a webdav mount (dav://127.0.0.1:2000/X/Library). It shows up on my computer, but when I try change the location in calibre, it doesn't show up and I can't browse to it either. Pasting the location doesn't work either, I get the following error:
ERROR: Bad location: /home/[USERNAME]/dav:/127.0.0.1:2000/X/Library is not an existing folder

So, does anyone know if, and how, it is possible to move the location of my calibre library to a webdav mount?

[I am using Linux Mint/Ubuntu]
I'm currently experimenting with webDAV for file transfer, primarily on an external wifi HD so we have a portable document store for wifi devices like iPads, Kindle, etc..

The external drive is fortunately Linux based so some mod's can be made. I initially didn't get very far though, so thought I'd try enabling webDAV on our mac's. This works ok, & as I was searching webDAV info', spotted your post, so I've just tried switching Calibre to the mac webDAV folder, & it seems to work ok from limited testing so far.

I now have webDAV enabled on this external wifi HD, & although Apple's "Pages" app work fine to load & save files, Calibre's thrown up this exception when trying to do the same operation, ie., create a new library database:

"calibre, version 0.8.4
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>DatabaseException</b>:attempt to write a readonly database
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/library/sqlite.py", line 264, in run
OperationalError: attempt to write a readonly database

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/dialogs/choose_library.py", line 97, in accept
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/dialogs/choose_library.py", line 72, in perform_action
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/actions/choose_library.py", line 392, in choose_library_callback
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 478, in library_moved
File "site-packages/calibre/library/database2.py", line 177, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/library/database2.py", line 134, in connect
File "site-packages/calibre/library/database2.py", line 488, in initialize_database
File "site-packages/calibre/library/sqlite.py", line 304, in run
DatabaseException: attempt to write a readonly database
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/library/sqlite.py", line 264, in run
OperationalError: attempt to write a readonly database
".

Maybe it's a permissions issue, as the webDAV folder clearly is writable from Pages?

I've no idea of course if you solved your problem, but should you post back, I'll do some more testing, as although I have a Kindle, I rarely use Calibre.
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert