Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-12-2014, 04:28 AM   #1
shevirsy
Banned
shevirsy knows the complete value of PI to the endshevirsy knows the complete value of PI to the endshevirsy knows the complete value of PI to the endshevirsy knows the complete value of PI to the endshevirsy knows the complete value of PI to the endshevirsy knows the complete value of PI to the endshevirsy knows the complete value of PI to the endshevirsy knows the complete value of PI to the endshevirsy knows the complete value of PI to the endshevirsy knows the complete value of PI to the endshevirsy knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kindle 3
Cool Organizing e-book highlights and bookmarks?

I grew up somehow venerating books. The books were something to be cared for. No pen would touch them. You put a nice cover and pay attention not to mess the corners.

For e-books, that is not a problem. There you can do whatever, as long as you can undo it. And you can attach the notes so the book will remain unchanged.

But in time the notes and highlights become too many to even remeber them. Apart from reading over and over the same books, what can you do to index all this mess for an easy search?
shevirsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
The first step is learning HOW to highlight and take good notes. If you do this right to begin with, it's not a problem later on.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2014, 02:11 AM   #3
shevirsy
Banned
shevirsy knows the complete value of PI to the endshevirsy knows the complete value of PI to the endshevirsy knows the complete value of PI to the endshevirsy knows the complete value of PI to the endshevirsy knows the complete value of PI to the endshevirsy knows the complete value of PI to the endshevirsy knows the complete value of PI to the endshevirsy knows the complete value of PI to the endshevirsy knows the complete value of PI to the endshevirsy knows the complete value of PI to the endshevirsy knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kindle 3
Ok. And...
shevirsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:15 PM   #4
Jack Torrance
“Here’s Johnny
Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG - 9.7 iPad - iPhone 12PM - Macbook Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
The first step is learning HOW to highlight and take good notes. If you do this right to begin with, it's not a problem later on.

Nice. So much good info there. ^

I don't do a lot of highlighting myself but I do know there is a method of exporting your highlights of the kindle but I can't
Recall the specifics.

Try logging in at KBoards.com. They have quite a few kindle masters over there that may be of more help.
Jack Torrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:20 AM   #5
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
If you read on a Kindle, it has an option to back up your highlights and annotations. I leave that turned on, and after I've read a book, I go to my page at kindle.amazon.com, and I copy/paste the backed up notes directly from that page into an Evernote note (I love Evernote), which I title:

Author Name: "Title of Book"

And I keep all of those notes together in a "Reading Notes" notebook. You could do the same thing with a Word document or in MS OneNote, or whatever really floats your boat.

I don't always remember everything I've highlighted, but if I want to review the content that I really enjoyed in a book, it's right there for a fast review. Additionally, Evernote has pretty thoroughgoing search capabilities, and I can search for, say, "duck" and find all the notes or highlights that reference ducks.
djulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #6
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Try this.
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
organize ebooks