Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 07-14-2008, 12:04 PM   #16
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
...I'm on IE something or other provided by my IT department in the medical center.
Your IT department is sick? Or are they a bunch of sickos (spelling?)?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Your IT department is sick? Or are they a bunch of sickos (spelling?)?
they're using IE, so it's clearly one or the other...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2008, 12:09 PM   #18
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Well, since they work for us, we have to let them have offices in the medical center. My proposal for a school desk on the helipad was turned down almost immediately
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:10 PM   #19
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I've been tweeting for a while. But, for those new to twitter, this guide really helped me to "get" it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:15 PM   #20
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
OK .... got the Twitter thing figured out. Now to finish up the new section of the kitchen floor and get the new drawer hardware and paint at the hardware store.

Orrrr .... read all about it at Twitter. Just what I need .... something else to keep me from doing any real work.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2008, 12:56 PM   #21
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
floor.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
OK .... got the Twitter thing figured out. Now to finish up the new section of the kitchen floor and get the new drawer hardware and paint at the hardware store.

Orrrr .... read all about it at Twitter. Just what I need .... something else to keep me from doing any real work.
I would love to see what you've accomplished when you are done...I'll bet you are feeling really virtuous.
As for the twitter......I am spending way too much time on here already. My husband thinks the laptop is glued to my legs. Sigh. I really do have a life, but you guys are so interesting to listen to....
and last but not least, I know have to go to one of your posts daily to show the granddaughter the "girl armadillo!" She's really hung up on the Ricky armadillo.........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:06 PM   #22
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I would love to see what you've accomplished when you are done...I'll bet you are feeling really virtuous.
As for the twitter......I am spending way too much time on here already. My husband thinks the laptop is glued to my legs. Sigh. I really do have a life, but you guys are so interesting to listen to....
and last but not least, I know have to go to one of your posts daily to show the granddaughter the "girl armadillo!" She's really hung up on the Ricky armadillo.........
Essentially, I am steam cleaning and refinishing the floors, putting new paint on some walls and baseboards, reupholstering the furniture, refinishing any wood or metal bits on the furniture, and making new blinds for the windows.

Then, I'm going to hire someone to help me power wash the house (I have the power washer, but my right arm just can't handle the stress of holding it for very long) and installing an invisible fence for the doggies.

And, yes, I do my own sewing and reupholstry work, and I'm also doing the painting and carpentry myself. I've been doing that sort of stuff for 30 years now as a hobby.

A lot of the furniture that I purchased (mostly from Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware) when I moved here was nice stuff, but it is NOT built to take the kind of abuse that 20 cats can dole out. So, I have finally decided to just completely cat proof everything in the house. All breakable non-washable things are going behind glass doors. Anything metal is getting a coat of Rustoleum. The concrete is getting sealed (did you know that cat pee will actually penetrate into concrete?? That's why I'm steaming it before sealing it).

Arrrgh. So much to do .... so little time. And such a freaking giant house.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:28 PM   #23
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I've been tweeting for a while. But, for those new to twitter, this guide really helped me to "get" it.

BOb
Feeling a little slow today (it's Monday, after all). Is there a link missing from the above? I'd like to read the aforementioned guide, and figure out what twitter is all about and why I would want it!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:41 PM   #24
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Essentially, I am steam cleaning and refinishing the floors, putting new paint on some walls and baseboards, reupholstering the furniture, refinishing any wood or metal bits on the furniture, and making new blinds for the windows.

Then, I'm going to hire someone to help me power wash the house (I have the power washer, but my right arm just can't handle the stress of holding it for very long) and installing an invisible fence for the doggies.

And, yes, I do my own sewing and reupholstry work, and I'm also doing the painting and carpentry myself. I've been doing that sort of stuff for 30 years now as a hobby.

A lot of the furniture that I purchased (mostly from Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware) when I moved here was nice stuff, but it is NOT built to take the kind of abuse that 20 cats can dole out. So, I have finally decided to just completely cat proof everything in the house. All breakable non-washable things are going behind glass doors. Anything metal is getting a coat of Rustoleum. The concrete is getting sealed (did you know that cat pee will actually penetrate into concrete?? That's why I'm steaming it before sealing it).

Arrrgh. So much to do .... so little time. And such a freaking giant house.
Wow. My husband wants you for his second wife........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:46 PM   #25
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Wow. My husband wants you for his second wife........
Oh ... no, he doesn't. Trust me, he doesn't. You did tell him I come with 20 cats and two dogs??
Old 07-14-2008, 05:47 PM   #26
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Feeling a little slow today (it's Monday, after all). Is there a link missing from the above? I'd like to read the aforementioned guide, and figure out what twitter is all about and why I would want it!
Doh! I must have forgot to hit paste:

http://www.caroline-middlebrook.com/blog/twitter-guide/

BOb
Old 07-15-2008, 04:11 PM   #27
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Thank you! Better late than never!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:57 AM   #28
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

too many tweets.

i'm sure mobileread is respnsible for this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Twitter - too many tweets.png
Views:	380
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	14388  
Old 07-16-2008, 03:07 PM   #29
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'm sure mobileread is respnsible for this.
No twitter is notorious for downtime and slowness.

BOb
Old 07-16-2008, 03:13 PM   #30
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
No twitter is notorious for downtime and slowness.

BOb
my theory is funnier though.