Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-10-2008, 07:29 PM   #16
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Ohhhh .... nononono .... the guest room is stictly off limits to the cats. They are never allowed in there ... not ever (unless I have a guest who thinks it's actually a good idea to let them in .....).

Guest room and two bathrooms upstairs, also the library and media room. Sadly, no way to keep the cats out of the media room ... so right now, it is one gigantic hairball. I do need to clean up there ... and soon!!

Guest room has nice four poster full bed, and a clawfoot tub in the bathroom. Also, a nice TV and DVD player. Movies are kept in the media room ... natch. I've got a networked internet connection up there ... (there is wifi too ... but the network cable is there if you need it), and bring your bathing suit and walking shoes (but watch out for the snakes).

That sound lovely. If it wasn't for the snakes, scorpions, spiders and other Texan fauna, I would invite myself along to help you paint things, Ricky.
Alas, I am not fond of arachnids and snakes, though like cats a lot. So Im probably happier in Northern Europe, where the spiders are smaller, and the scorpions non-existent
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #17
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
That sound lovely. If it wasn't for the snakes, scorpions, spiders and other Texan fauna, I would invite myself along to help you paint things, Ricky.
Alas, I am not fond of arachnids and snakes, though like cats a lot. So Im probably happier in Northern Europe, where the spiders are smaller, and the scorpions non-existent
Well, if I ever get the house power washed and finish sealing all the floors, then I will FINALLY be able to spray around the house so that the scorpions and spiders will not be able to get in quite so easily.

And THEN, y'all will simply have to come out and visit!!
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2008, 09:52 AM   #18
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Ohhhh .... nononono .... the guest room is stictly off limits to the cats. They are never allowed in there ... not ever (unless I have a guest who thinks it's actually a good idea to let them in .....).

Guest room and two bathrooms upstairs, also the library and media room. Sadly, no way to keep the cats out of the media room ... so right now, it is one gigantic hairball. I do need to clean up there ... and soon!!

Guest room has nice four poster full bed, and a clawfoot tub in the bathroom. Also, a nice TV and DVD player. Movies are kept in the media room ... natch. I've got a networked internet connection up there ... (there is wifi too ... but the network cable is there if you need it), and bring your bathing suit and walking shoes (but watch out for the snakes).
flicks quickly through diary to see when we're free to come and visit ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:11 AM   #19
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
My father-in-law retired a while back after being with the same company for over 46 yars. Less than two months later he was knocking at my door wanting help in writing a resume to get another job. He was that bored (or just wanted to get away from my mother-in-law.)

So Mr. "I'm About to Retire", where will you be working next? Starting your own on-line bookshop? Designing Ricky's "trench warfare" constructions? Tending to ZeeZee's shum problem?Getting botox injections to play poker with Taylor and keep from"smiling" too much?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
So Mr. "I'm About to Retire", where will you be working next? Starting your own on-line bookshop? Designing Ricky's "trench warfare" constructions? Tending to ZeeZee's shum problem?Getting botox injections to play poker with Taylor and keep from"smiling" too much?
oooh ooh !! "tending to zeezee's shum problem", please !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2008, 10:17 AM   #21
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

all retirees are to attend to zee's shum problem at a time that is most convenient, after all retirees are supposed to be the baby-sitters of the generation....
Old 08-11-2008, 10:20 AM   #22
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Perhaps they could show up with pandas for all of the SHUMS. Mass acutelation just might be effective here.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:23 AM   #23
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
that sounds like an excellent plan to me. nobody has ever been tormented by loud pandas, to my knowledge, except perhaps for the occasional sneeze, and i really think i could take that in my stride.

this may be the best idea yet. yo, shums ! resistance is futile !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #24
GeoffC

You want lovely pandas?
Old 08-11-2008, 10:29 AM   #25
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Cute they are, but did you notice the teeth and claws? (shudder)

Don't get on the bad side of a panda!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:43 AM   #26
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Cute they are, but did you notice the teeth and claws? (shudder)

Don't get on the bad side of a panda!
ah, they're cuddly....
Old 08-11-2008, 11:19 AM   #27
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
flicks quickly through diary to see when we're free to come and visit ....
Come ahead, goofball!! I've got several large jars of chocolate on the kitchen island.

Quote:
Nice paintings. Couldn't help but notice that in "Flying Over Manhattan" painted in 2006, he has the twin towers standing prominently over the skyline. I wonder what statement he was making ... if any.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:19 PM   #28
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
all retirees are to attend to zee's shum problem at a time that is most convenient, after all retirees are supposed to be the baby-sitters of the generation....
In rebuttal to this I will only refer you to one of Leonard Cohen's songs - "The Future" and what its says about children. Besides I already made a suggestion to ZP. And in addition, the only French word I know (but can't pronounce) is m--de.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:20 PM   #29
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
My father-in-law retired a while back after being with the same company for over 46 yars. Less than two months later he was knocking at my door wanting help in writing a resume to get another job. He was that bored (or just wanted to get away from my mother-in-law.)

Luckily the wife still works.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:46 PM   #30
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Luckily the wife still works.
slave-driver....