Old 04-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
haino
Connoisseur
haino began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sony PRS-505 - Any suggestions?

Hi All

Wondered if anyone can help or suggest what the problem is with my PRS-505
When I have charged the PRS-505 and disconnect the usb it can take almost an hour before I can use the reader. I get the small black circle containing 2 white arrows that occasionally rotate clockwise then at some indeterminate time the screen clears and a page stating ebook reader startup which then goes back to the menu with the black circle with arrows. Of course I cant use the reader till the black circle with arrows goes and the main menu displays

Thanks
Gordon
haino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is one of two problems. Either you have way too many eBooks on your 505 and there is one causing the a problem. I suggest that it's too many, just remove some. If it's not too many, just remove them all and put them back on a few at a time until you can then narrow ir down further to find which eBook is causing the problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
haino
Connoisseur

Thanks for the quick reply.
I will try removing some ebooks and see if that helps.
Thanks again
Gordon
Old 04-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How many eBooks do you have on your 505?
Old 04-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
haino
Connoisseur

Thanks.
Problem sorted. Far too many books on the Sony. Lesson learned.
Many thanks
Advert
Old 04-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

The T1 doesn't seem to have the same issue as the 505. So if you really do want more books on the Reader, a better screen, a much nicer touch interface, faster page turns, & a lighter device, upgrade to a T1.