Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-23-2010, 09:17 PM   #1
AB9239
Edge User

Unhappy Unable to download 04/21 update - fails silently :(

Well, I have been trying to download this update since earlier this evening and running into a baffling issue. Basically, my device claims to find the download, start it, even complain when I try to re-initiate the update indicating that the download is already in progress, but then hours go by and no update. In mean, in terms of user experience, the whole update thing is kind of a good example of supremo-incommunicado. Can anyone describe how to get more details on what the heck this thing is doing?

Old 04-23-2010, 09:21 PM   #2
AB9239
Edge User

Well, I guess I shamed it by posting here - lo and behold there was a notification indicating that an update was available. I had to manually click the notification to initiate the update. BTW, this is more than 3 hours after I started toying with this process . One change I made was disable the screen timeout - for some reason, the screen timing out was also disabling the update download? Who knows - oh well, I will hopefully not soon forget the magic incantations.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:48 PM   #3
edgelover
Edge User

how do you download the update where do I go on the edge I looked in settings but I know their is a place where it says checks for downloads where is it?

Old 04-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #4
edgelover
Edge User

Never mind found it in the user guide, it would be nice however to see the progress or even know if it was downloading

Old 04-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #5
Gunnerp245
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgelover View Post
Never mind found it in the user guide, it would be nice however to see the progress or even know if it was downloading
Agreed. The only way I was sure the download was running was to click on 'Update Now" - and it would tell me the download was still in progress.

Gunner...