Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
Does the update let you annotate PDF?

I know the previous "dings" against the Kindle DX's PDF capabilities were the absence of margin cropping and the inability to use the annotation. I know the first problem was fixed (?--it's still not clear to me if the automatic margin cropping is for landscape mode only). How about the second? Or do you still have to convert it to annotate (and search, etc)? With the "new" conversion with the update, do they still charge a fee?
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:41 AM   #2
bloovis
bloovis began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Centro
The PDF support in the K2i is exactly the same as in the DX, with the same limitations, i.e., no annotations.
bloovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #3
DairyKnight
Connoisseur
DairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with others

Device: PRS-505
Actually there seems to be an 'annotation' library for PDF files in the Kindle java library, which
could be found by reverse-engineering. But Amazon just disabled that on purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziegl027 View Post
I know the previous "dings" against the Kindle DX's PDF capabilities were the absence of margin cropping and the inability to use the annotation. I know the first problem was fixed (?--it's still not clear to me if the automatic margin cropping is for landscape mode only). How about the second? Or do you still have to convert it to annotate (and search, etc)? With the "new" conversion with the update, do they still charge a fee?
DairyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyKnight View Post
Actually there seems to be an 'annotation' library for PDF files in the Kindle java library, which
could be found by reverse-engineering. But Amazon just disabled that on purpose.
And is there any way to enable via hack?
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote