Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #106
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
For DRM-free contemporary and exclusive ebooks in PDF, ePub and Mobi -- with no georgraphical restrictions, pay a visit to the bookshop at http://www.bewrite.net. My blog runs on http://www.bewritebooks.blogspot.com. Cheers, folks. Neil

BY THE WAY: First time visitors can email me direct with any title that catches their eye for a free ebook in the format of choice. Cheers. Neil -- ntmarrATbewrite.net (use the @ sign, of course)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-07-2011 at 03:21 PM.
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #107
Dodge
Sparks fly off my pages!
Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
If the BookBarista.com happens to be down or is acting strange, it is temporary. We are making some exciting additions to the site that will make it even friendlier and funner to use. We can’t wait to show off the “improvements”. So please be patient as we get it all together.

Thanks for your help!
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #108
Nathan Campos
Groupie
Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX & Kindle (2011)
Blog: Daily Computing

My blog is finally at Amazon Kindle Store. Go and check it out!

I wanted to make it freely available, but Amazon always price them and we can't make anything

Daily Computing
Your daily news about PCs, Macs and mobiles

A very nice blog to check all the last informations about the tech world at the palm of your hands with your Kindle. At this blog we usually talk about mobile technologies, but of course we talk about Macs and PCs too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KSRVI2

For sure don't forget to take a look on the web one: http://developmentcloud.blogspot.com/

And also don't forget to subscribe to my podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/dailycomp

Last edited by Nathan Campos; 01-27-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Nathan Campos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:49 AM   #109
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
IndieView with MR's indie eBook reader, Caleb72. Caleb talks about selection, the path to indie reading, likes and dislikes.

Authors pitch your book at Caleb
simonroyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:11 AM   #110
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Latest Indieview with Sibel Hodge, author of, My Perfect Wedding. Free ebook to the person with the coolest or funniest comment
simonroyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:22 AM   #111
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonroyle View Post
Oh dear god!

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #112
Keryl Raist
Zealot
Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for PC
The Indie Book Review: Whom God Would Destroy

(This is the latest installment of my ongoing series of book reviews. Want to read them all? Check out my blog.)

Welcome to another book I'm having a hard time reviewing. Whom God Would Destroy does not fit easily into the traditional good/bad categories.

Let me start here, I really enjoyed reading Whom God Would Destroy. But, here's a little secret, I read for characters, not action. And Commander Pants is really good with characters. This book is filled with interesting, entertaining characters. People who feel real. Given how strange some of these characters are, it would be very easy to go off the rails and end up with farcically drawn comic book characters. But, even at their most insane, Pants' characters still feel real.

Of course, a book is not just a collection of characters. There also needs to be a plot. And this is where the problem is. Whom God Would Destroy doesn't so much have a plot as a collection of themes. The Vagaries Of Mental Health: it's in there. The Nature of God To Man: yep, got that, too. The Dissatisfaction That Comes From Looking For a Perfect Experience: in spades, my friends. Reality Is a Collection Of Layers, One More Complex Than the Next, and In The Whole Scheme Of Things Humans Understand Just As Much About The Universe As Bacteria Understand Quantum Physics: of course. One Man's Crazy Is Another Man's Truth: do I even need to mention it?

Instead of a plot, let us say there are two main themes. The Nature of God to Man, and One Man's Crazy is Another Man's Truth. Interestingly enough both involve aliens. Theme A is illustrated by the story of Jeremy, an alien playing God for kicks and giggles. (He gave the Jews the Shema, He did the Christ routine, and this time around He's apparently been reading some Heinlein, 'cause He sounds an awful lot like Valentine Michael Smith, you grok?) He's messing with humanity again because He enjoys it. He finds Oliver, an outreach counselor for a local mental health facility, and decides Oliver would be a perfect disciple. A modern day Paul if you will. So, in line A we watch as Jeremy manipulates Oliver into Discipleship. For Theme B we follow Doc, one of Oliver's clients, and learn about how Doc is being used by an alien race in search of the PERFECT experience. (The Ultimate Orgasm, they term it so mere humans can understand the idea.) They find said experience in Big Macs (why not?) and Doc is part of the team of humans being used to make sure they get their Big Mac fix.

As themes these two lines have similar focuses and illustrate different aspects of the same concepts (the levels of reality, for example). But as a story, they just don't have a whole lot to do with each other. What the book is missing is an overarching plot to tie these themes together.

Let me be clear here, Whom God Would Destroy is worth reading. It's five or so hours well spent. But if you want to examine it critically, there's a huge hole in the middle of it, and that's the plot. Whom God Would Destroy meanders from one character to the next, spending time in their interesting worlds, getting to know them, but it's lacking in direction.

Take Greg for example. He's my favorite character in the book. His purpose in the book is to illustrate how psychology isn't all that precise and with great ego comes the ability for a great fall. I really like his story line and think it's quite clever. But if you cut every scene with him as the main character out, it would have absolutely no bearing on the story. He's not vital or even tangentially related to either of the main themes. On his own and developed more fully he'd be a wicked cool novel or novella. As a part of this story, he's just there. Greg is a microcosm for what's right and wrong with Whom God Would Destroy. He's well written, he's fascinating, as a reader you want to get to know him better, and he's totally divorced from any plot the book may have.

So, how does a reviewer rank a book that was enjoyable, with well drawn characters and no real plot? Pants knows how to use words. His writing is clear and, if not poetic, well crafted for the purpose of the book. His themes and the way he treats them is not precisely new (see Heinlein comment above) but well done. His characters really are excellent. But plot is a major issue, and it's a writing 101 level skill. The whole purpose of a novel is to have something happen that ties all the elements of the story (characters, setting, writing style) together. And that's just not in this story.

I'll call Whom God Would Destroy a well recommended 3 stars.
Keryl Raist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #113
bazmaz
Uke strummer
bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My blog is now published on Amazon (surprise surprise, its about the ukulele)

US site - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004IEBUE4
UK site - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Got-A-Ukulel...6336259&sr=8-4

Not really sure of the blog publishing thing, and you can visit the blog direct here - http://gotaukulele.blogspot.com/

I suppose the amazon blog thing is about giving people constant access on daily basis, even if no PC (ie on holiday)

Anyway, the blog is updated a couple of times a day and is a beginner blog for ukulele players, or those thinking of buying. Its meant to be an antidote to the techy ukulele websites, or those that ASSUME you know what you are doing. I like to think its funny too and looks at the uke from a different angle.

(btw - you are not seeing double - I mistakenly put book plug on this site which the mods, rightly, took down. - this is a plug for the blog, not the book)

Enjoy
bazmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #114
mish
Addict
mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 2
My latest review is up for Rebellion: The Outer Territory by Stacey Wallace Benefiel. There is also a short Q&A below the review.

http://indieparanormalbooksreviews.b...territory.html
mish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #115
Dodge
Sparks fly off my pages!
Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That’s right. It’s about that time where ads will begin to expire. So keep a lookout for the “Your ad is about to expire” email. If it doesn’t arrive in your inbox then please check your spam box.

Renewing your ad is painless and free. Check out the 2 steps:

1.) Click on the link within your “renewal ad” email when it arrives. You will be taken to your original ad. Now in the upper right hand corner click on the “Renew Ad” option. Your ad will appear in a white box.

2.) Click on the “Renew Ad” button at the bottom of the page in the blue rectangle. Now your ad has been renewed.

The instructions can be found at the bottom of the page, on the BookBarista site, HERE.

Thanks for being a part of BookBarista!
Old 01-31-2011, 08:51 AM   #116
greencat
Freebie finder
greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony, Kindle
New giveaway up on my blog for Consuelo Saah Baehr's Nothing to Lose. It's a modern day Cinderella story:

http://ereader-freebies.blogspot.com...f-nothing.html
greencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:56 AM   #117
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?
williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
A Canadian stop on my Amazon Kindle giveaway blog crawl, rambling about writing, monsters and Scotsmen http://themaneatingbookworm.blogspot...interview.html
williemeikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:54 PM   #118
Dodge
Sparks fly off my pages!

New book covers are up for the month of February on the BookBarista.com homepage
Old 01-31-2011, 02:51 PM   #119
JulieMack
Enthusiast
JulieMack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JulieMack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JulieMack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JulieMack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JulieMack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JulieMack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JulieMack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JulieMack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JulieMack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JulieMack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JulieMack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Poll: Why do you write?

I am curious as to why people write, so I created a blog post on this question - why do you write? I am sure everyone has multiple reasons. But, I wanted to see where the bulk of the answers were....Once I have a significant amount of responses, I will post the results!

If anyone wants to respond, go to my post, Why do you Write?
JulieMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:10 PM   #120
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author
Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Samuel L. Lytle's adventure novel Gold Stars featured at Indie Books Blog
http://indiebooksblog.blogspot.com
Scott Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing