Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
Korben Dallas
Korben Dallas began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-350
Question Configuration of "Smarten Punctuation"

Hi everybody.

I am looking for a method to tweak the Smarten Punctuation feature.

While this feature is really great as seen from a typographic point of view it has one major drawback: there is no way to employ typographic conventions of languages other than English.

The Code of SmartyPants.pl seems to be packaged in Lib\site-packages\calibre\utils\smartypants.pyo which is obviously a compiled file.

Is there anybody out there who can tell me how I can modify this piece of code so that, for example,

Code:
"Sample"
gets converted to

Code:
»Sample« (German style in printed novels)
or
Code:
„Sample“ (German style in general)
?

Thx a lot
Korben.
Korben Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
run calibre from source and modify away to your hearts content. Instructions for running from source are in the user manual
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 07:12 AM   #3
Korben Dallas
Korben Dallas began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-350
Hi Kovid,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Korben.
Korben Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote