Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-17-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Can I use Calibre can't send books with DRM to my kindle?

I use Calibre for my entire library. Most books I purchase I remove DRM and import them into Calibre. But some free books from Amazon are in Topaz format. I import them into Calibre anyway. I wanted to check whether I could send them to my kindle and then open them. It doesn't work. I can send books without DRM to my kindle, but the Topaz book didn't show up, even though Calibre said it sent it. I sent some books without DRM and they showed up fine. Is this normal behavior? And yes, I know I can remove the DRM from Topaz books, but it is not worth the effort for free books, and I don't buy Topaz books.

Thanks,
Debra

Last edited by Sydney's Mom; 10-17-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sending topaz books should work just fine. Try just copying over the fil using windows explorer to your device. If that also doesn't work then you topaz files are probably damaged.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:31 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Sending topaz books should work just fine. Try just copying over the fil using windows explorer to your device. If that also doesn't work then you topaz files are probably damaged.
It will only work if the Topaz books were originally downloaded for her Kindle. If they were download for (say) Kindle for PC, then they won't work on her Kindle without stripping the DRM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:53 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It will only work if the Topaz books were originally downloaded for her Kindle. If they were download for (say) Kindle for PC, then they won't work on her Kindle without stripping the DRM.
True, forgot about the delights of DRM
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:39 AM   #5
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Thank you. I did download them to K4PC. So Topaz needs to be downloaded directly to computer. Thank you, gentleman.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote