Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-27-2010, 08:01 PM   #46
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
No, you are not being cautious as the choice of style (including colour) of your ereader device is a personal decision. You have to be happy with what you buy.

I went for black because I liked the look of the black Kobo. Looks great in the Dermapad case as well
Is the black glossy or more of a satin-type finish? I'm looking at the surround of my LG monitor here and I'm thinking it is probably close to that.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:18 PM   #47
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
It is a matt finish more or less. Definitely not a true satin.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:05 PM   #48
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
I definitely prefer the Black Kobo. I compared both colours at the display in my local Borders and thought that the "pages" looked whiter with the black surround which made reading better. I think it just looks classier too but that is obviously a personal preference.
I'm a bit puzzled by those who are reporting "fingerprints" on their black kobos? I've never had that problem (but I do read with clean hands) and when I was at the Borders store last week the 2 white Kobos looked much dirtier than the black display unit - that's after about 10 weeks of life as a demostrator.
Yes and just about everyone who has noticed and commented on my Kobo has asked me if it is an iPad.
I would consider selling it for a nice profit except I love it too much.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:27 PM   #49
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
I'm a bit puzzled by those who are reporting "fingerprints" on their black kobos? I've never had that problem (but I do read with clean hands) and when I was at the Borders store last week the 2 white Kobos looked much dirtier than the black display unit - that's after about 10 weeks of life as a demostrator.
Yes and just about everyone who has noticed and commented on my Kobo has asked me if it is an iPad.
I would consider selling it for a nice profit except I love it too much.
I give my black Kobo a once over with a camera cloth every few days. My Sony PRS-300 gets the same treatment but being silver it "appears" not to need it.

But you are right, the black does not pick up too much bar minor finger oils.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo