Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-20-2012, 11:50 PM   #1
Mikeread
Passionate Reader
Mikeread began at the beginning.

Device: none
How good is M92's web browser?

This is one of the most important issues for me, comes after PDF support of course, when thinking about e-ink readers.
Can I just browse the web FAST and read whatever I want? does it have problems supporting new HTML 5 codes and CSS3 websites?
Thanks,
Mikeread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
iampiti
Connoisseur
iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!

Device: Onyx M92
IMHO it doesn't fit your needs.
The browser is not very fast but that's probably gotta do with the M92 hardware, while it's good enough for reading purposes, it's a bit short on power for the modern web.
It's not completely stable either: some sites work well, others give problems (I haven't tested that many). If the site you want to read works then yes, you can read it fairly well on eink and it's nice.
Also it doesn't support tabs so only one page at a time.
Anyway, between all the problems, if I really want to read a long article on the web I just print it to PDF and read it on the M92. This works much better.
The M92 is a fairly good large ereader, just not a very good device for browsing the net
iampiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
Mikeread
Passionate Reader
Mikeread began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks that's what I needed to know
Mikeread is offline   Reply With Quote