Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
SquareTrade Warranty - $30 (Includes Accidental Damage) - NOOKcolor

2 or 3 year coverage.

Discount Code: FBPREVIEW

Quote:
Get protected against:

* Damage from drops & spills
* Mechanical & Electrical Failure
* Other accidents from handling
http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
2 or 3 year coverage.
Quote:
Get protected against:

* Damage from drops & spills
* Mechanical & Electrical Failure
* Other accidents from handling

What about rooting issues (I couldn't resist )

We have a 1 year warranty from BN......I guess the ST warranty is better since it includes Damage from drops, spills and other handling accidents.....

Maybe I should look into that....
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
What about rooting issues (I couldn't resist )
Old 01-05-2011, 10:51 AM   #4
waffleman
Enthusiast
waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: NookColor
That's a great deal.
waffleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #5
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Quote:
2 or 3 year coverage.

http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/
WoW! That code still works? I used it about a month or so ago to get 3y warranty + accidental damage coverage for my gTab... planned to try it when my 14d were up with the NC, i.e. it was staying... nice to know that it's still working ATM...

BTW: it SHOULD be a 30% off coupon IF it's still setup the same... I'll be going for the 3y coverage...

[EDIT]
meh... went and checked it out of curiousity, it only got the 3y warranty $10 off to $39.99...
[/EDIT]

Last edited by cutterjohn42; 01-05-2011 at 11:16 AM.
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2011, 11:51 AM   #6
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterjohn42 View Post
WoW! That code still works? I used it about a month or so ago to get 3y warranty + accidental damage coverage for my gTab... planned to try it when my 14d were up with the NC, i.e. it was staying... nice to know that it's still working ATM...

BTW: it SHOULD be a 30% off coupon IF it's still setup the same... I'll be going for the 3y coverage...

[EDIT]
meh... went and checked it out of curiousity, it only got the 3y warranty $10 off to $39.99...
[/EDIT]

Yeah, that's what I got too about 2 weeks ago, but IMHO it's STILL a great deal considering you get much MORE coverage for longer (3 years, including damage, drops and spills) for less money than what BN gives you (manufacturer defects only, no warranty against damage/drops/spills, for a much shorter term of warranty).
leday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #7
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterjohn42 View Post

[EDIT]
[/EDIT]
Who is offering a 3 year with accidental damage for less than $40?

I got the 2 year one. I'm sure I'll be ready to move on to something else at the end of this period if not sooner.

Still recovering from getting a $50 3 year warranty for something I sold 10 months after purchase. Paid $400 for the thing and sold it for $90.

Last edited by SCION; 01-05-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #8
emt
Nameless Being

Not only is it a great deal but a few days after you take it, they email a coupon for 50% off on your next warranty!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #9
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Quote:
Who is offering a 3 year with accidental damage for less than $40?

I got the 2 year one. I'm sure I'll be ready to move on to something else at the end of this period if not sooner.

Still recovering from getting a $50 3 year warranty for something I sold 10 months after purchase. Paid $400 for the thing and sold it for $90.
Well, when this coupon was originally out, and I used it for the gTab it was 30% off the total warranty price. Now it looks like it's just $10 off the price, ~20% off. OTOH my gTab 3y warranty w/accidental damage coverage was $65...

Anyways, I'm waiting until my 14d are up to return the NC for cash as since I had a poor cs experience returning #1 w/a defective USB port that if anything hw-wise goes south with #2 it's just going back because of their lousy cs. It's also why I'm holding off on ordering a case for it, as if nothing goes wrong I'll order a case for the NC & a kindle dx cover for the gTab from Amazon and probably pick up the 3y warranty...

[EDIT]
Actually there's an option for 2 OR 3y warranties for the NC on the squaretrade page... the 3y is normal $49.99, the coupon gets you $10 off, so it's $39.99 or that's what it came up for me earlier when I checked...
[/EDIT]

Last edited by cutterjohn42; 01-05-2011 at 12:17 PM.
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #10
SCION
Séduisant

Got it.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #11
Mitzasuro
Connoisseur
Mitzasuro doesn't litterMitzasuro doesn't litter

Device: Nook, Nook Color
I learned from squaretrade from this website and got my NC on it. Everything from that site has been helpful and they just called me yesterday to tell me a happy new year and welcome because I am a new customer and I got a 50% discount on my next warranty.
I even got a fridge magnet lol.
Mitzasuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:13 PM   #12
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
30% coupon code good today: DEAL30 = 3 years for $34.99

need to find my receipt - make sure I'm w/in 30 days ...
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:43 PM   #13
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
NICE. I recently bought another NC (I initially returned my first). I had a 50% code (from a previous purchase) that I just applied to a 3-yr warranty.

$25 for 3 years is great! Thanks!
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #14
Bic
Connoisseur
Bic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it is

Device: Kindle or Sony
But you realize that this warranty is good for one time only. If they pay to replace your nook to the full amount, you have to buy another warranty to cover the replaced one. From their website: "For replacement payments: You are covered up to the maximum value you paid for the item. Once we pay out that amount, your Care Plan is considered fulfilled. If you would like coverage on your new item, you need to purchase a new warranty for it. For Repairs: The Care Plan is good for multiple repairs, up to the maximum value of your item. Once the cost of repairs meets the full purchase price of the item, your Care Plan is considered fulfilled." So your 3-year warranty could end sooner if you use it once in the first year or two.

Check with your credit card company. Most offer a free one year extended warranty and 90 days of accidental damage/theft with no deductible.
Bic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:36 PM   #15
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
I have to believe that if the device is still working in 3 years, that the battery is going to be in rough shape. Does this warranty also cover the potential cost of battery replacement, and if so, what condition does it specify the battery needs to be in to warrant replacement?
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote