Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 06:43 AM   #1
vague_hit
vague_hit began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
books do not show on device after being added

Hi there

I have been using Calibre for the past 2 years with no problem on my first generation Nook. However, with the last couple of versions of Calibre I have been having the problem that when I sync a book it does not show up on my device.

I check in the documents folder on the device itself in Windows Explorer and the books are indeed listed there but not in the book listing on teh device itself.

When I upgraded from 0.8.35 to 0.8.36 I was granted a working sync of a group of books I had been trying to upload but tonight I tried to put a new book on and the same problem greeted me.

Is this a known issue and can I do anything to try and fix it?

Thanks
vague_hit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:55 AM   #2
vague_hit

Anyone, any ideas at all? I tried searching the forum with no success.
Advert
Old 02-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There have been no changes to nook support in calibre for a long time. Try running an epub to epub convert before sending the files to the nook.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #4
vague_hit

Well, it worked! I'm not sure why one book not converting properly would stop other previously synced fine books to no longer transfer properly but I'm glad to have it functioning again. There's really nothing else as good as Calibre out there so I'd hate to have to stop using it. Thanks!

Tags
nook, sync, unable to see books