Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-19-2010, 01:48 AM   #1
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
directory on kobo to kopy books

I'd like to know where people, who don't use desktop applications,
copy their epubs? Is there any problem having a lot of directories,
making storage for authors tidy?
I assume every usb connection to computer and file system mounting
initiates db remake.
Best regards.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:52 AM   #2
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Calibre copies ebooks to author entitled folders. I would assume that manually doing that through Windows Explorer or Nautilus (if using Linux) would be fine.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 02:02 AM   #3
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Calibre copies ebooks to author entitled folders. I would assume that manually doing that through Windows Explorer or Nautilus (if using Linux) would be fine.
Exactly I'd like to avoid.
Bsd, mount, copy, umount. Power up.
Do you make new directory and put author directories in it?
Best regards.

Last edited by zoran; 07-19-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:08 AM   #4
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoran View Post
Best regards.
That will work with no problem at all.
As far as I know, it doesn't matter at all where you put your epubs or pdfs. The initial Calibre driver for the Kobo just copied all the epubs to the root of the filesystem, with no problems.

If you want to create directories and sub-directories to organize your collection, that works too. Calibre sorts by author, by default, but you can change this in the output device plugin's settings.

Last edited by Stinger; 07-19-2010 at 02:12 AM.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:15 AM   #5
zoran
himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
That will work with no problem at all.
As far as I know, it doesn't matter at all where you put your epubs or pdfs. The initial Calibre driver for the Kobo just copied all the epubs to the root of the filesystem, with no problems.
Battery suffers from checking all of the file system.
My bet was it needed strictly named dir, like "books".
Ext3 is journaled and it lives it's own life. Fstab might
help in letting it be checked periodically or if updated.
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 02:31 AM   #6
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoran View Post
Do you make new directory and put author directories in it?
Best regards.
That would be the way I would go if manually copying books to the Kobo. Much tidier way to go with less folders in the root of the drive.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote