Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #46
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Zombie Survival Guide on my PSP.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #47
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
Shades Of Grey books 1 2 and 3 on my kindle touch. What can I say I am soooooooo sorry my sweet sweet kindle to have ever infected you with such rubbish, and me I want those hours back.

I can only go up from here

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #48
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
The Twilight series on my 1st generation Kobo...and no, I'm not afraid to admit that
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #49
Gotadimple
Zealot
Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nvidia Shield
The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter & Sweet on my Palm Tungsten E
Gotadimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #50
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Another Palm IIIX, another Peanut Press selection...but I don't remember which one. Maybe Stephen King, maybe Harlan Ellison. Surely something in the horror or sci-fi genre.

That little Palm Pilot was in my face far more than my Kindle or my iPhone. I LOVED that thing.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #51
pixiestyx
Enthusiast
pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O; N7 2013; Samsung GN 10.1 2014
The Hunger Games on a 1st gen iPod Touch.

I had not paid much attention to ebooks other than to scoff at the price of the original Kindle, but we went on vacation & I finished my paper book early, so downloaded THG for the Kindle app. Thought it was handy for vacation but still didn't really see a personal need for an e-reader. Little did I know my husband knows me better than I know myself. He gave me a Nook Color for Christmas a year later & I haven't looked back since

Aside from packing lighter, it has an added bonus - my family & friends know how much I love it, so where I had been relying heavily on library borrows before, I now almost always have a B&N gift card on hand - woohoo!
pixiestyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #52
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
It was probably Of Human Bondage on my Sony 505 followed closely by Sons and Lovers and The Heart is a Lonely Hunter as one of the main reasons I got my first ebook reader was the vast amount of free classics (that I has not read) that were available.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #53
supermighty
Groupie
supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
It would be The Count of Monte Cristo on a Palm IIIe

Last edited by supermighty; 05-01-2012 at 04:32 PM.
supermighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #54
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Now that I think of it, the first e-book I ever read was one of Shakespeare's plays back in the 1990's. The "reader" was a 386SX PC. This was when there were all these CD bundles when CD-ROM drives were still new. One of the CDs was the complete works of Shakespeare. It wasn't a good experience, and I didn't finish reading it. Reading on a DOS screen wasn't fun. I think experiences like that turned people off to the idea of e-books for quite some time.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #55
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Project Gutenberg was my gateway drug. I don't remember all the titles, but I read a bunch of those on my computer for a year or so. I got hooked on the hard stuff when a friend gave me some pirated ebooks. After reading those on my computer I realized that there were plenty of ebooks out there so I got myself a Kindle. The first book I read on my Kindle was Malcolm Gladwell's Tipping Point. The Kindle was magic for highlighting passages and making notes for the bookclub discussion.

Last edited by Synamon; 05-01-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #56
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Oh and yeah, I had certainly read various short stories in txt and html on computer screens well before having an ebook reader and Interactive CD Books way back in the early 90's
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #57
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Stuff from the Baen Free Library*, both on my Mac and my Kindle when I received it.

On the Kindle it would have either been Rick Cook's Wizard's Bane, or Mercedes Lackey & Larry Dixon's Born to Run, IIRC. Maybe Elizabeth Moon's Sheepfarmer's Daughter.

* Which has paid off very well for Baen, as I've since spent over $200 in their webstore, I think.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #58
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
I don't actually remember. Probably something from Project Gutenberg on a PC, maybe some Sherlock Holmes. My first e-reading device was Franklin eBookman.

Last edited by Alohamora; 05-02-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #59
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Further to my earlier post, having had most of the day to think about it, I'd say it was probably Sun Tzu's Art of War, on my PalmPilot Personal.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #60
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
Further to my earlier post, having had most of the day to think about it, I'd say it was probably Sun Tzu's Art of War, on my PalmPilot Personal.
Holy mackerel, yes that rings a bell. I did in fact read both Art of War and Musashi's Book of Five Rings on my Palm device! Those were my first. How could I forget?!
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote