Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-27-2010, 05:10 AM   #1
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Acer CEO shows off 7-inch Android tablet

http://www.shufflegazine.com/2010/05...ndroid-tablet/

Quote:
Lanci showed off a 7-inch tablet running Android. We weren’t given much more information than that other than he said it had color screen (which we could also see obviously) and would arrive in Q4. Price was not yet determined and in talking about how they would go to market with it, he said they had not decided between traditional channels or operators. He said that operators were an “obvious” option, hinting at the tablet having a 3G connection, something he didn’t confirm.
It seems everybody is jumping on the tablet bandwagon.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:05 AM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
Be nice to see if it actually hits the market. There was a lot of talk about companies coming out with e-readers, though I havent seen half of them (weren't BenQ meant to have one?).

I must ask what the person was thinking who too the pictures (http://shufflegazine.tumblr.com/). View from the bathroom? Show me more pics of the device.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #3
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
I must ask what the person was thinking who too the pictures (http://shufflegazine.tumblr.com/). View from the bathroom? Show me more pics of the device.
Yup, that was a WTF moment for me too!
Old 05-27-2010, 08:55 AM   #4
m-reader
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
http://www.shufflegazine.com/2010/05...ndroid-tablet/

That's funny. Not half a day has gone by, this pops up on Engadget:

It looks exactly like the LCD tablet, but with e-Ink screen. And it's 6" not 7.
I am wondering whether they are planning two versions of the same thing (LCD and e-Ink).
Old 05-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #5
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
I took pictures of that yesterday at the e-ink booth I was wondering when they would announce it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SID 2 006.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	567.8 KB
ID:	52395  
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #6
Tamara
Evangelist
Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
I took pictures of that yesterday at the e-ink booth I was wondering when they would announce it
You'd think Acer could do better than make an extremely ugly Kindle.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #7
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Wow so innovative and original.

Okay on a serious note I think the keyboard is better designed than the Kindle's, but does look a bit top heavy I wonder how easy it is to type with.

I think many people will not be happy with the <Next>/<Prev> button location. Most people, including me, hold eReader on the side not the bottom.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:03 PM   #8
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
I hold my Kindle 1 toward the bottom on the sides. Not much choice since the next page button on the right side is so damn big and easy to press accidentally! Makes it impossible to hold it more in the middle.

But I do hold it pretty much right where those buttons are on this device, so that would be a tough adjustment for me--not that I'm interested in another e-reader anyway.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote