Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-12-2012, 02:48 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon Shipping Deadlines for Christmas

Amazon Extends Free Super Saver Shipping for Last Minute Holiday Shopping

Quote:
For delivery by Christmas, the following ordering deadlines apply:
  • Dec. 18: Free Super Saver Shipping
  • Dec. 19: Standard Shipping
  • Dec. 21: Two-Day Shipping (order as late as 7:00 p.m. EST; varies by item; free with Amazon Prime)
  • Dec. 22: One-Day Shipping (order as late as 3:00 p.m. EST; varies by item; as low as $3.99/item with Amazon Prime)
  • Dec. 24: Local Express Delivery (while available; select cities; varies by item; as low as $3.99/item with Amazon Prime)
  • Dec. 25: Email and printable Amazon Gift Cards can be sent immediately, at any time
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #2
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Thanks that is timely!

I am glad I saw that. I have a table set up in the Den with stuff to go out, but I still need to order other stuff too.

It is the time of year for lots of "stuff."
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
Thanks that is timely!

I am glad I saw that. I have a table set up in the Den with stuff to go out, but I still need to order other stuff too.

It is the time of year for lots of "stuff."
You're welcome.

Hey, one can never have too much stuff. After all, stuff is what makes the world go round.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:39 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Hey, for all you procrastinators and last-minute shoppers out there. Nothing says "I put a lot of thought into your gift" more than the Christmas day email you send that says "you have a gift card".

Old 12-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Thanks. Now I understand why the Paperwhite availability has been pushed to dec 20th instead of 19th it was a long time. This way if you want it by christmas, you have to pay for 2day shipping, or throw prime in as well. I just ordered 2 PWs for wife and me.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
You're welcome.

Hey, one can never have too much stuff. After all, stuff is what makes the world go round.
In case anyone hasn't see it:

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
In case anyone hasn't see it:
You know, we need more free range stuff
Old 12-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Old 12-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Hey, for all you procrastinators and last-minute shoppers out there. Nothing says "I put a lot of thought into your gift" more than the Christmas day email you send that says "you have a gift card".
I've never had a problem with it when they're give to me.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #10
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
But what's the deadline for sending e-books?
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I would assume there's no deadline, since they download in less than a minute.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #12
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Deadline for ebooks would be christmas. You can select any day (in the future) for it to be delivered, other than now. So a belated christmas present is NOT possible without the book showing up late.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #13
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
You're welcome.

I try to maintain rigor and discipline on my self, but for friends and especially family not so much.

A real problem I have is that my grand kids and I want more stuff for them, but their parents, my children are standing in the way.
"Oh no. Too much. Not enough room. Too many little parts. We will get back to you. Too old!"

Then a year later: "You know that so and so you spoke of last Christmas, well we have rethought that and this is the kind we want for "your" grand child."
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote