Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-01-2014, 07:03 PM   #1021
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2
@eschwartz: Mystery solved! ;p.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:28 PM   #1022
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@eschwartz: Mystery solved! ;p.

And cool stuff learned!
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:48 PM   #1023
Divion
Divion began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 2
Do it support PW2 FW 5.4.3? Still gray in "update your kindle".

By the way, what is the "gray installer" function in KUAL - Helper extension??
Divion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:54 PM   #1024
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Divion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Don't try to force a custom update by rebooting your Kindle. You should *always* install custom hacks via the Settings page. If the 'Update Your Kindle' link is greyed out, it's because you uploaded the wrong binfile for your device.
Alternatively, on FW 5.3/5.4, there's a known [to us, at least ;P] (upstream) issue, where the updater watchdog sometimes badly fails to do its job (and then potentially crashes). Clear the USB root of .bin files, restart your device and try again.

The KUAL button is useful if you push the .bin file through any other means than USBMS (usually, SSH). It doesn't help with the issue previously mentioned, though.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-02-2014 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:55 PM   #1025
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divion View Post
Do it support PW2 FW 5.4.3? Still gray in "update your kindle".

By the way, what is the "gray installer" function in KUAL - Helper extension??
What are the first four characters of the serial number?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:11 PM   #1026
Divion

I already remove SO. I have a kindle international version. I installed it at 5.4.2.1 FW. But it did not work because of SO. Now, i removed SO, but cant install sshack

Last edited by Divion; 04-02-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:13 PM   #1027
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Divion: You'll notice that no one mentioned the SO, because they have nothing to do with the particular issue you were talking about.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:16 PM   #1028
Divion

@NiLuJe

Sorry, my mind is twisted. So, i told what i do. Sorry.
Now i do restart my device and going to install it again.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #1029
Divion

After doing somethings, it goes to unknow mode. PW2 do not back to normal and it enter to system diags. How to exit diags? I dont know how.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:43 AM   #1030
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Updated the packages (Python 0.10.N, ScreenSavers 0.17.N), mostly to catch up with the snapshots. A couple of minor improvements/fixes for the ScreenSavers hack.

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch