Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Getting Ready to Ship .....

They might not be shipping until end of August/start of September but given the huge volume of pre-orders, they are getting organised registering devices!

I went to order a book just now and a new device had appeared - Sue's 3rd Kindle. I have a Kindle 2i, and a Kindle DX registered under the names Sue's Kindle and Sue's Kindle DX (plus Kindle for PC).

Feels real now!
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
This happened within minutes of ordering my Graphite 3G. Same thing when I ordered my K2 and then my wife's K2. This is nothing unique for the K3.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #3
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
It shows in your manage your kindle page, but that does not mean they have assigned one to your account yet.

You can test it out by trying to download to computer a previous purchase to the new device, if a specific one has not been assigned yet it will result in an error message.

Last edited by Ajax; 08-05-2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: forgot to add to computer
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Oh, I am trying now!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #5
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OG! I said it was successfully sent! I wonder how soon it is going to show up? I don't think it will even take to the 27th!
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oops, it's actually the download to computer option. It will fail since there is no PID to encrypt the DRM on the books with.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:43 PM   #7
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

I went to manage my kindle and sent a book to my K3, which appeared in a dropdown box.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:46 PM   #8
Ajax
Addict

If you try to "download to computer" and select your new device, it will come up with the error. It will still deliver wirelessly since it just queues it up for when it eventually connects to whispernet.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:47 PM   #9
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
It shows in your manage your kindle page, but that does not mean they have assigned one to your account yet.
My experience with previous versions has been that the device doesn't show up in "manage your kindle" until one has indeed been assigned. I suppose that may have changed, though.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:53 PM   #10
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
If you try to "download to computer" and select your new device, it will come up with the error. It will still deliver wirelessly since it just queues it up for when it eventually connects to whispernet.
I see. Yes, I did get an error message when I tried to download to my computer to move onto my K3.

Sigh . . .
Old 08-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #11
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I had a $1 charge to my credit card today.......just wondering if they are doing a test run?
My K3 has shown on my account from day 1.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:58 PM   #12
Ajax
Addict

I ordered mine at 9:30pm CT on the 28th, and I keep checking to see when they are going to give me an estimated shipping date. I'm anxiously waiting on my new model!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #13
zooby
zooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle keyboard, kindle voyage, kindle oasis
Quote:
I ordered mine at 9:30pm CT on the 28th, and I keep checking to see when they are going to give me an estimated shipping date. I'm anxiously waiting on my new model!
well i ordered on the 29th at 12:30pm gmt and have an esitmated ship date of 29 september!
zooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #14
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
This is up on the front page today

Quote:
Due to strong customer demand, Kindle is temporarily sold out. Order now to reserve your place in line. Orders are prioritized on a first come, first served basis. Orders placed today are expected to ship on or before September 4th.
I ordered today so I'm expecting mine by the 4th, that's a month earlier than I was really thinking.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:46 PM   #15
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
I ordered a Graphite 3G on July 30th and, up until today, it said

We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. It will ship separately. You can cancel at any time.

After I went in and changed the name and email address of the new Kindle and then checked the shipping date again it said

Delivery Estimate: October 6, 2010 - October 13, 2010

Just this second I refreshed the order page and it went back to

We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. It will ship separately. You can cancel at any time.

I guess I have to wait for that email.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote