Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #1
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
NYT forces iTunes to pull Pulse News Reader

Gizmodo Article

Pulse's offence? Apparently it's all because they used a photo of their app in action with the NYT RSS feed as one of the three on the screen.

Ironically, an earlier article in the NYT online praising the app and its creators, has the offending photo prominently displayed: NYT Article

I have the reader, btw, and it's a top notch, incredibly fast reader.

I've already expressed my disgust to both the iTunes store and the NYT editor.
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
It is back already!
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
It is back already!
Man that was a quick win! I didn't realize my letters were that powerful
Old 06-08-2010, 04:53 PM   #4
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotoman View Post
Man that was a quick win! I didn't realize my letters were that powerful
*high five*

Say...can you write a letter about Google Voice?
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #5
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
i tried it. i chucked it because of the weak google reader integration, only supporting 20 feeds. looks very nice though, but i'm using newsrack.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #6
Fotoman
Groupie

I don't know Newsrack but Pulse beats The Early Edition which is the one I used before. I like the way they use tabs for an in-app view of the feed abstract and the web view which is loaded in the background for quick access while you're looking at the abstract...

I also like the "garage" aspect of its development by a couple of Stanford grad students.

It does the job.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:25 AM   #7
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Can anyone recommend an iPad RSS reader which has the feature that Byline does on the iPhone, which is that it will offline cache the entire linked article, not just what is in the feed? A feed like this BAILLI has blank content in the feed itself, just a link to a web page. Byline will cache the linked article.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote