Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-21-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Some Overdrive Library Books not Allowed to be Copied to Portable Devices?

Greetings Everyone,

Has anyone encountered Adobe ADEPT drmed pdfs supplied by overdrive that are not allowed to be copied to and read from a portable device? I downloaded Dacre Stoker's "Dracula: The Undead" and it tells me I don't have permission to copy the PDF to my device. This has never been an issue before, even with other PDFs that behaved oddly (i.e. expiring right after the initial opening of the book). This same book will not reopen after ADE is closed; instead it downloads itself again. It is also apparently immune to the ineptpdf script. Was this file damaged in someway or is this some new, more restrictive variant of ADEPT DRM? I am just going to buy the ebook now that it seems that I can't borrow it and read it from my device. Maybe that's the intention of the publishers? It is an unusual PDF; its over 30 megs despite being a graphically non-intensive novel.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:29 PM   #2
jhoff80
Enthusiast
jhoff80 began at the beginning.

Device: none
There's always the removing DRM option (I trust you'd delete it after 14 days ).
jhoff80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
There's always the removing DRM option (I trust you'd delete it after 14 days ).
It doesn't work on this file, which is perhaps more disturbing. My set up works very well for both PDFs and EPUBs. It is this specific file that is odd. It is the third time I've checked out this book, so its not due to some initial error in the checkout process.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:40 PM   #4
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
When you "download" the book, do you choose open or save? I have had better luck with pdfs if I choose open and let the download process open ADE. I then "decrypt" the file from the my documents\my digital editions folder saving it to another folder before I close ADE. I recently found a weird pdf - short book, but the file was 17M. But although it took longer, it did decrypt.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote