Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #331
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
1) Replacement arranged today (splotchy upper screen) has EDD of 10/9. I don't think I got a 3G upgrade although they may have removed the SO.

2) Another PW SO Wifi ordered 9/25, original EDD 10/25 was changed today (and email sent informing me) to 10/19.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #332
jswinden
Nameless Being

Replacement arrived. Much better, but not not stellar by any means. I'll discuss it in a new thread.
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #333
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Replacement arrived. Much better, but not not stellar by any means. I'll discuss it in a new thread.
I'm definitely interested to hear.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #334
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Very interested to hear your thoughts!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #335
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Very interested to hear your thoughts!
Here is my review of the replacement.
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #336
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflower75 View Post
I know some people don't like how Smartpost is handled, but I haven't had a problem with them before. I prefer my local USPS mail carrier to the idiot who currently delivers my UPS packages, that's for sure, and the FedEx driver is even worse.
FedEx is great around here, UPS never ever rings my bell. I couldn't figure out why, now I believe that they think that no one is home because we always park in the garage and most of our neighbors don't. Either way, it's not that much effort to knock once, or ring the bell. As for USPS, we have the worst mailman ever. Since he started in July, I've had to call them 6 times to complain. I've never seen anyone so bad.

Last edited by SolRaven; 10-05-2012 at 03:42 PM.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #337
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Years ago I had an issue with UPS. The driver left the packages at my neighbors twice then I ordered a PSU (PC Power supply) The driver threw it from the bottom step up to the top of my porch. We are talking 5 steps and it hit with a loud clang. I was ticked and ran outside to confront him. He took off. I immediately contacted UPS and told them NEVER send that guy back out to my door. I told them what has been happening. They forwarded my complaint to our local depot and with 24 hours I got an email from a very nice guy apologizing and thanking me for contacted them. He said if customers don't let us know how our drivers are doing we can't do anything about it.

I never saw that guy again. The very next week I got a new UPS guy and he is wonderful! He's an older fellow. He wont leave anything unless it's signed for. He knocks loud and announces himself. He's always friendly and tells me to take care. I had him now for years and He grins because he knows me as the Kindle girl.

I also signed up for UPS My Choice and it has really helped. They tell you what time frame the drive will be delivering your package. They do this by address and there is a place where you can leave special delivery instruction or even reschedule. I highly recommend this service. I use the free version but there is paid one that gives you more options.

Those of you who wish your driver would (fill in the blank) Let UPS know I have found they will accommodate you. Also if your driver isn't doing his job let them know so they can give the job to someone else who will.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-05-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #338
scientifics
scientifics began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
1) Replacement arranged today (splotchy upper screen) has EDD of 10/9. I don't think I got a 3G upgrade although they may have removed the SO.

2) Another PW SO Wifi ordered 9/25, original EDD 10/25 was changed today (and email sent informing me) to 10/19.
I'm confused how Amazon is doing their shipping. I ordered a PW SO WiFi on 9/21 and my EDD has been and still is 10/23 (and I have Prime and got 1 day shipping).
scientifics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #339
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Can I just say, someone on the German forum already received theirs yesterday through a mail forwarder in the US? It literally got shipped somehwere, then mailed again and crossed an ocean, customs, etc... WTH?!
Ah yes. That's what I've done and have been doing it for years. To Australia. Us foreigners are quite inventive like that.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #340
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
Ah yes. That's what I've done and have been doing it for years. To Australia. Us foreigners are quite inventive like that.
Did you already receive yours as well, then?
I find it weird that mine was shipped within the US but arrived after some already arrived overseas and through second hand parties (added processing time).
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #341
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Mine arrived earlier and I am a bit torn in terms of contrast and light source. I'll post in the other thread.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:23 AM   #342
Martytoof
Enthusiast
Martytoof began at the beginning.

Can anyone who ordered on or after Oct 2 share their est. ship date? I ordered my PW through a buddy in the states, but he's out of town at the moment so I can't verify the estimated ship date with him
Martytoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:44 AM   #343
David58117
Groupie
David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, K4NT (To Wife), Nook ST, NSTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martytoof View Post
Can anyone who ordered on or after Oct 2 share their est. ship date? I ordered my PW through a buddy in the states, but he's out of town at the moment so I can't verify the estimated ship date with him
Asked for replacement on or around the 3rd, initially told sometime between the 17 and 29th or so, only to have it ship today and to arrive on the 9th.

Kind of nervous. The serial number is pretty similar to the old one...i would of rather waited and receive from a later batch..
David58117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:49 AM   #344
Martytoof
Enthusiast
Martytoof began at the beginning.

Thank you, David! I wonder whether the replacement stock is different from the regular order stock. I'd love to believe that my PW is about to make half of its journey any day now

As it is, I wasn't expecting it before late Oct or early Nov, so anything sooner will be a bona-fide bonus
Martytoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:00 AM   #345
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Did you already receive yours as well, then?
I find it weird that mine was shipped within the US but arrived after some already arrived overseas and through second hand parties (added processing time).
Yes, it is in my mail box now, but the Office closed at 12.30pm and I couldn't get there in time (Saturday here in OZ).
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote