Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
jalola
jalola began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Calibre doesn't recognize Kobo Vox but Windows 7 does

Hi,

I recently upgraded my Kobo Vox to use Google Play. Since then Calibre won't recognize when my Kobo Vox is connected to my PC even though it's recognized by Windows Explorer.

I tried to update to the latest version of Calibre to fix the issue most people are having, but I get this error message:

A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: C:\WindowsInstaller\calibre-0.8.47.msi

Followed by:
Calibre setup wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified.

When I go into my add/remove programs function in Windows, I see both Calibre 8.47 and Calibre 8.63. I have tried to uninstall Calibre 8.47 but keep getting the above error message.

What do I do now?

I can move my epubs onto my Kobo Vox manually, but I did like managing them with Calibre.

Thanks
jalola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:28 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalola View Post
I recently upgraded my Kobo Vox to use Google Play. Since then Calibre won't recognize when my Kobo Vox is connected to my PC even though it's recognized by Windows Explorer.
By "use Google Play" do you mean rooted or altered the Android version on the device?

My guess is it is no longer recognized as an external USB drive and assigned its own drive letter. It is most likely recognized as a MTP device. Calibre does not have support for MTP devices.

Is your device assigned a drive letter in Windows Explorer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalola View Post
A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: C:\WindowsInstaller\calibre-0.8.47.msi

Followed by:
Calibre setup wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified.
I would uninstall calibre 0.8.63. Then install 0.8.47. Restart my machine then uninstall 0.8.47. Then install 0.8.63. These steps will not affect your library.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
By use Google Play I think she is referring to the recent firmware upgrade from Kobo that added official Google Play support to the device

Last edited by PeterT; 08-10-2012 at 02:06 PM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #4
jalola
jalola began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Yes, I'm referring to Kobo's firmware update that finally made it possible for Kobo Vox users to access Google Play without having to have an android telephone too.

I'm a female, BTW.
jalola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@jalola: original post updated to show correct gender. Sorry!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
8.47, calibre