Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-12-2008, 05:20 PM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Backing up Ebook collections

Hi I'm about to reformat my computer and I have no idea how to save the collections I have in my Sony Connect ebook library.

I'd appreciate any and all help.

I'm using the ebook library 2.0 and PRS-505. Not sure if that'll make a difference.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you have eBooks purchased from Sony and you run WindowsXP you'll find those purchased eBooks in My Documents\My Books\eBook Library\

All the purchased eBook from Sony end in .lrx and are DRM protected. Those can easily be backed up to another drive or CD/DVD.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
You can also download them again once the disk is back up and the ebook software is installed again. There is the matter of authorizing the new computer. You may want to deauthorize the old one prior to the reformat. I'm not sure what method Sony uses to tell what machine you are on.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I totally forgot about deauthorizing the computer. But yes, do that as well before you reformat.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:54 PM   #5
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I totally forgot about deauthorizing the computer. But yes, do that as well before you reformat.
Thanks for the advice I'd completely forgotten about de-authorizing my computer!
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2008, 01:55 PM   #6
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amothea View Post
Thanks for the advice I'd completely forgotten about de-authorizing my computer!

I'd forgotten about de-authorizing one of my machines, and another had a catastophic failure leading to complete re-load. i couldn't de-authorise them after the fact, but emailled sony connect support, told them the names of the machines I needed to de-authorise and they did it next day

Top marks to sony connect support from me
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote