Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
larka
larka began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Support officially outsourced to Phillippines (paid support)

Discovered today (6/7/2011) on Entourage support Site:

SUPPORTrix has deep knowledge and experience in supporting the Entourage Edge products. They provide fee based support options available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offer Entourage Edge customers a 25% discount. You can call them toll free at 1-877-787-8749 to get more information or visit their site at http://www.supportrix.com/.
larka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
even with the discount, if the prices on the site are what I think, it will still be over $10 for each incident, thats absurd... If they would just release the source, etc. we could support ourselves...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
WHAT A DEAL!

Seriously, the company . . .

1. No longer offers support for their products.

2. No longer seems to have an active development crew.

3. Has lost several key employees.

Why not just give it up? Close the doors and call it a day?
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:26 PM   #4
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
What a deal? Why do people expect corporations to be DEALS? There's no magic or mystery -- if the product doesn't sell, the company goes busto.

I thought Entourage HAD called it a day. That they at least arranged for SOME means of support is something, albeit not much.

The notion that you're better off paying (or even NOT paying) for support from the Philippines instead of just posting HERE makes no sense to me.

All I can say is, at least they didn't arrange for support from India because then the "help" would be unintelligible, inept AND RUDE.
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:07 PM   #5
geckoFeet
Resident Reptile
geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.

Device: entourage edge
funny: some of their support people in Virginia were from the Philippines, although they disclaimed knowledge of any local Philippine restaurants when I asked (another eNTOurAge customer service fail, and arguably not the most important, except around lunch time).
geckoFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2011, 12:48 AM   #6
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: K3 / HP 10" Tablet (FBreader Installed)
25% discount on an item that has a one year warranty ?? I'm glad mine broke before they bailed on their customers. I received an RMA and sent mine in just before they closed the doors. I got it back on 6/6 in working condition and after speaking to a tech at FCS was told that were not accepting anymore RMA's from Entourage systems. You can also purchase a warranty from Square Trade through Amazon.com. I purchased a 3 year warranty as soon as I got my Pocket Edge back. I'm going to wait until it's totally approved before I try to update back to Ermine, just in case I get the white screen again.
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote