Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #166
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgArmGun View Post
So according to This page, Amazon Kindle for PC (K4PC) version 1.5 breaks MobihHandler?
I'm confused, my k4pc is 1.10.8, what new 1.5 version??
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:19 PM   #167
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I'm confused, my k4pc is 1.10.8, what new 1.5 version??
The blog referenced in Cyborg's post is from April 2011. The K for PC v1.5 is an old version.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2015, 02:49 PM   #168
atonement
Zealot
atonement began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgArmGun View Post
So according to This page, Amazon Kindle for PC (K4PC) version 1.5 breaks MobihHandler?
I faced the same problem abt a year back. I even had to reinstall Windows for getting the thumbnails working again. Later I realised the culprit was Kindle4PC.
atonement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 02:52 PM   #169
atonement
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by betelguese View Post
I applied Alissa's program and it works great for mobi files. Does anyone know hot to extend this to epub and djvu files? It'd be nice to be able to see a cover image in the thumbnails for these file formats too.
Mysticthumbs works great but only comes with a 30 day trial version. I could nt get epub thumbs to show up with either CBX shell or Cdisplay.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:54 PM   #170
atonement
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagopus View Post
I know I'm replying to an old request here, but someone might still be interested ...

Since MobiHandler already seems to handle azw3 files, you can get support for them by telling Windows to associate them with MobiHandler.

Note 1: I have not verified that all azw3 files are similar enough to .azw so MobiHandler can handle them. I have tested the procedure below and it worked with the .azw3 files I had, but there's a possibility that other .azw3 files have content that causes MobiHandler to crash.

Note 2: Registry editing is the kind of thing Microsoft tells regular computer users not to do. Be careful. The procedure below should be harmless, but if you "accidentally" hit the delete key at the wrong place you may ruin your Windows installation.

With that covered, here's what you do:
1) Start RegEdit. It's hidden somewhere in the menus - the easiest way on XP is to go Start -> Run -> "Regedit". Or type Regedit if you have Windows 7.

2) Locate the key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.azw

Now there's (at least) three options, depending on what kindle-associated software you have on your computer from before:
a) The azw key has no subkeys. It has one value, with the name "(standard)" and the data "Amazon.Kindle.content". There is no key named HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.azw3
- In that case, create a key named .azw3. Make it identical to the .azw key - i.e. give the standard value the content "Amazon.Kindle.content"

b) There is a key named .azw3 already - but the value named "(standard)" is empty. There's (probably) subkeys to both the .azw and .azw3 keys (named things like "OpenWith" and "ShellEx".
- In that case, do almost like above: Give the standard value on the .azw3 key the same data as the standard value on the .azw key - i.e. "Amazon.Kindle.content". Don't touch the subkeys.

c) There is a key named .azw3 already, and the value named "(standard)" has data.
- In that case, you're on your own. Someone who knows their way around the registry can probably get it to work, but I can't give a simple recipe.
Many thanks for the guide. I had resorted to renaming azw3 to azw but manual renaming gets old real quick.
Advert
Old 09-11-2015, 03:55 PM   #171
PeterSm
PeterSm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 non touch,paperwhite 10
Is this excellent plugin still around?

Hi I know its no longer being developed by Alissa but is this excellent little addon/plugin still around (as the published links seem dead) and with my new Win 10 install requiring me to rebuild (dont ask.....) my pc, its next on the recovery list...

Cheers..
PeterSm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 04:08 PM   #172
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The link works for me.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 05:37 PM   #173
PeterSm
PeterSm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 non touch,paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The link works for me.
My apologies....working ok now....
PeterSm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 02:29 AM   #174
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Help - Windows 10 broke mobihandler

I can no longer see mobi thumbnails in Windows Explorer. After updating to Windows 10 and the latest Calibre all I can see is the Calibre icon.

Epubs work just fine tough I use CBXShell for that.

Uninstalling and reinstalling mobihandler does not work and unticking "Always show icons, never thumbnails" in folder options also does not work. I also tried system properties->performance->"Show thumbnails instead of icons".

I tried using SageThumbs and most suggestions found on the web to no avail.

I have been searching the internet for a couple of weeks trying to fix this and I've gotten nowhere.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 02:33 AM   #175
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Have you considered posting in the MobiHandler thread?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 06:59 AM   #176
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moved out of the General Discussion Forum and into the Mobilhandler thread, because.....well.....this IS a mobihandler thread, and.....well....the issue concerns mobihandler!

"....To go where no human has gone before...."

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:45 AM   #177
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Sorry.

I posted under general because frankly I was thinking it's a Windows 10 problem, hence the "Windows 10 broke" in the title of my post.

Also, I thought I remembered reading that mobihandler is no longer supported by Alyssa.
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 03:41 AM   #178
Nothingness
Zealot
Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O Limited Edition
The link is broken again. I cannot download it.
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:48 AM   #179
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingness View Post
The link is broken again. I cannot download it.
Here is the copy I made at the time:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mobihandler v1.1.1271 by Alissa.zip (193.0 KB, 1135 views)
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:02 AM   #180
Nothingness
Zealot
Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O Limited Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Here is the copy I made at the time:
Thanks!!!
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote