Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 02:09 AM   #4006
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Ripplinger

it is not a single file, it is a folder containing several settings-files: /opt0/prsp

In ZORK-Edition there is already a save/restore functionality.
See - http://code.google.com/r/josefmichal...ave_Restore.js

In Standard-PRS+ there is not.

If you are comfortable with running a beta-pack or build your own installer, you can easily include this addon.

Another way is to put the necessary shell-commands into /database/system/PRSPlus/prsp.sh and restart the reader once.

Spoiler:

Code is copied straight out of Analogus code:
Code:
SAVE
mkdir -p /Data/database/system/PRSPlus/PRSave1; cp -R -f /opt0/prsp /Data/database/system/PRSPlus/PRSave1

RESTORE
mkdir -p /Data/database/system/PRSPlus/PRSave3; cp -R -f /opt0/prsp /Data/database/system/PRSPlus/PRSave3; cp -R -f /Data/database/system/PRSPlus/PRSave1/prsp /opt0'

Last edited by Mark Nord; 01-11-2013 at 02:13 AM. Reason: typo
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:14 AM   #4007
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I've tried Zork but removed it after my reader ended up in a restart loop.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #4008
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious
Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Will there be a version for the 950 of the latest release?
Istvan diVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #4009
imageraw
Connoisseur
imageraw began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
hello, could you plz help me out with this:

- it's about a sony prs-650 with PRS+ 2.1 Analogus 2012.11.10 Zork Edition;
- usually i keep the battery fully charged. I'm now travelling and the following is happening on a one-bar battery icon:

a) applications>text memo>new memo>text input: after typing in four or five words the sony re-boots itself;
b) applications>handwriting>new drawing>drawing: drawing works, when i click on "done" the sony either re-boots itself or freezes. The latter: have to do a reset and home+options+power to re-boot the machine;
c) last opened books>article x>add bookmark>by keyboard: like a);
d) last opened books>article x>add bookmark>by drawing: like b).

I've tried several articles and books, any format (pdf, epub, word), same result as at c) and d). Every application other than bookmarks/text/drawing works fine.

Any idea? thanks for your help!
imageraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #4010
imageraw
Connoisseur

quick update:

- reinstalled PRS+ Zork;
- fully-charged the battery;
- re-tested text memo + handwriting (both as "standalone" and "bookmark"): the behaviour of the sony hasn't changed. It still powers itself off whenever i go near memos and handwriting (now even deleting a memo or handwritten sketch causes the sony to power itself off).

why would it do that all of a sudden? I'll now try and format it and see what happens.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #4011
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Hi

Sounds like a problem with the file system. I once had a comparable behaviour. I solved it with formatting the reader and/or deinstalling and reinstalling PRS+ a couple of times. But my memories aren't very clear in that point.

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #4012
imageraw
Connoisseur

Analogus, you're probably right about file system errors. After formatting and re-installing PRS+ everything (including text/drawing-memos) work as it should. It looks like the battery didn't have anything to do with it.

On a separate note, is the PRS+ Zork available for the Sony PRS 950? I love the 650 but increasingly feel that I should get one with a bigger screen - for articles, mainly.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:16 AM   #4013
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi

Good to hear your problem seems to be solved. I'm no Linux-man. But a couple of problems seem to have nothing to do with PRS+ but with other glitches, for example file system. Says my gut. But as mentioned, I'm no Linux man and no developer.

Concerning Zork for 950:

I have to admint it is very unlikely that there will be a version for the 950 for a couple of reasons. Two of them:

I do not own a PRS 950. Since this model is in some parts very different from the 650 or 350 it would be a risky 'blind flight' to create Zork for 950. I'm not able to test it. So I'll concentrate on Zork for 350 (which I can test) and 650.

My new 'baby' is a Kindle Paperwhite ;-) which's display is fabulous! Software has it's short commings, but the display... So part of my 'reader-time' flows into the Papewhite.

But I'll not give up my beloved 350. This is a great reader which I use outdoor. The Paperwhite has it's problems there. For example you are not able to swich pages with gloves on. No problem with the user programmable buttons of the PRS-X50 readers with PRS+ on it.

A.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:05 AM   #4014
imageraw
Connoisseur

Great to hear you like the Kindle Paperwhite. Same with me, the 650 is really good (save for its tendency to freeze every now and then), though it'd be good to get an e-reader that's as good and with a bigger display. Perhaps the Pocketbook Pro912 (though I'd really like my e-reader NOT to have wifi)...could your PRS+ be tweaked to fit the Pocketbook?
Old 02-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #4015
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
... For example you are not able to swich pages with gloves on. No problem with the user programmable buttons of the PRS-X50 readers with PRS+ on it.

A.
You can buy special gloves that allow you to operate capacitive screen devices. They're pricier than normal gloves, and no idea how warm they'll be either, but just Google "gloves for capacitive touch devices" and you'll find plenty if you want to use the Kindle outdoors.

That's another reason the Kindle will never be a real contender for me, my skin is oddly dry enough that I have trouble pushing elevator buttons that are capacitive touch. And I don't like using buttons even if the Paperwhite had them, still wouldn't be an option.

The x50 readers with the infrared screen is never a problem turning pages with the usual swipe even with heavy gloves on.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #4016
Analogus
Fanatic

Yes, this special gloves... I find it rediculous to buy spezial outfit to can cope with a gadget. So no option for me. But I did know this before I bought the Paperwhite. For reading somewhere in nature I use one of my beloved PRS350 (silver and blue as you remember ;-)

The infrared touch screen sadly is no option for me too when reading under fresh air because insects and falling needles from trees activates it. For reading with gloves in wintertimes I have a special setup (therefor TWO storing slots in ZORK for PRS-options, one 'norma' and one 'special' to switch fast between them) - 3 buttons for NEXT PAGE and one button for PREVIOUS PAGE. IR-screen deactivated.

And I hope some day a Flash Cards App for PRS+ will come to learn vacabularies. It will of course be integrated into Zork-edition.

A.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #4017
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder

I absolutely agree about it being silly to have to buy special gloves to use a device. I just refuse to do it.

I don't have the extreme problem you do reading outdoors with accidental page turns. Insects once in awhile do it, but I usually sit out in the sun and not under trees, I guess that could make a huge difference. And it's quite often windy, so that helps to keep the bugs off my reader.

My 2 silver 350s have multiplied nicely in recent months to now include 2 blue 350s! I might sell a few of the silver ones, but the used ones were really cheap I might just keep them for spare parts. All have perfect screens except one that came with my first blue 350, so I swapped it out with a good screen from one of the used silvers.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:37 AM   #4018
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Hello.

Yesterday, I installed prs+ 2.1.02 in my 350, and battery life drain very fastly, 12 hours.

Does anybody has the same problem?
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:35 AM   #4019
Analogus
Fanatic

Hi

'Yes'
And for my part: 'No'

Maybe it is correlated to some specific options you choose in PRS+. That's at least my suspicion.

I may I ask what options you have set on your reader?
Old 02-21-2013, 02:50 AM   #4020
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
Hello.

Yesterday, I installed prs+ 2.1.02 in my 350, and battery life drain very fastly, 12 hours.

Does anybody has the same problem?
Have you done a full shutdown / restart after installing PRS+?
Also a soft-reset (the paper-clip thing) and restart often sorts out battery-problems.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote