Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 06-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
pandrews
pandrews began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
The Christian Science Monitor Feed

Something has changed recently (since June 6th) on this recipe. I was using 0.8.50 or 51 until today when I updated to 0.8.55, which unfortunately did not fix the problem.

On June 6th the file size of my news fetch was 4.7mb and included all articles and text. The next day (I updated one plugin "Reading List" to 0.8.18, I don't think that this is related) my fetch was 0.3mb and includes just the title and author of the article.

I'm not sure if csmonitor.com changed the format of their rss feeds (http://rss.csmonitor.com/feeds/top) or not because I'd never gone to that page before I had problems, but there is some text that isn't being fetched on that page.

What changed, and can someone fix it?
pandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandrews View Post
Something has changed recently (since June 6th) on this recipe. I was using 0.8.50 or 51 until today when I updated to 0.8.55, which unfortunately did not fix the problem.

On June 6th the file size of my news fetch was 4.7mb and included all articles and text. The next day (I updated one plugin "Reading List" to 0.8.18, I don't think that this is related) my fetch was 0.3mb and includes just the title and author of the article.

I'm not sure if csmonitor.com changed the format of their rss feeds (http://rss.csmonitor.com/feeds/top) or not because I'd never gone to that page before I had problems, but there is some text that isn't being fetched on that page.

What changed, and can someone fix it?
I will take a look.
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2012, 12:05 AM   #3
pandrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiklop74 View Post
I will take a look.
Any luck? It's still doing the same things.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Will take a look when time permits so you will have to wait.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
kiklop74
Guru

Updated recipe is submitted. Will be available in the next release of Calibre.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1012903
Advert
Old 06-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #6
pandrews

Very good. I appreciate you looking into that. I'm continually impressed with open source development cycles!