Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
sunnyone
Edge User

Angry The BAD service of enTourage

Remember that I broke my E-ink side of PE?

[SUPPORT #EPS-412943]: Help!! My E-Ink screen broke!_For repair
2011/04/26
---
Your ticket is being escalated to Tier 3 Technical Support. May they contact you by email? If you prefer a phone call, their hours of operation are 9AM-5PM EST, Monday through Friday. What is the best contact number and time to reach during these hours? Someone should be contacting you within 24-48 hours.
---

I told them contact me in email is better...
And I GOT NO RESPONSE yet.., I also wrote back again and no response either.

I'm so disappointed on enTourage, that's the way they treat their customers?

Old 05-13-2011, 11:09 PM   #2
Filark
Edge User

Kinda makes a person feel less "sunny", eh?

I would call, if I were you. Like every day if you haven't gotten a response. (I think they have fewer employees now, but still . . . .) It is a sad truth that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".

Good luck. Let us know whether enTourage can fix it, or what they say (I'm assuming that you will get through).

Old 05-13-2011, 11:40 PM   #3
reillj
Edge User

I called twice today and got through both times in less than a minute; they were as helpful as they could be with my problem.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
UnHappyCamper
Edge User

Thumbs down Bad Customer Service

I purchased the eDGe Dual from Woot (Brand new), and right from the start, I am unable to finish the registration, due to the Reader screen do not responsed to the styles at all. So this device is basically useless, since you can not even open any ebook. After emails tech support, they have me perform varios things, such as reset, then firmware upgrade with no changes. They finally asked me to send in the unit for repair, and I email them for an exchange, the email stop, so I called the customer service 3 times before finally talk to a live person, she told me that since Woot is not the authorized dealer/reseller, they can not issue an Exchange, only repair. This is not a very good way to treat the customer.
I would not ever purchasing any product from Enterouge System Inc. again.!!!!

Old 05-18-2011, 05:24 PM   #5
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnHappyCamper View Post
I purchased the eDGe Dual from Woot (Brand new), and right from the start, I am unable to finish the registration, due to the Reader screen do not responsed to the styles at all. So this device is basically useless, since you can not even open any ebook. After emails tech support, they have me perform varios things, such as reset, then firmware upgrade with no changes. They finally asked me to send in the unit for repair, and I email them for an exchange, the email stop, so I called the customer service 3 times before finally talk to a live person, she told me that since Woot is not the authorized dealer/reseller, they can not issue an Exchange, only repair. This is not a very good way to treat the customer.
I would not ever purchasing any product from Enterouge System Inc. again.!!!!
Perhaps try an exchange from Woot. Supposedly, they have acknowledged some units were defective. I'm certain it's at least worth a try.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #6
UnHappyCamper
Edge User

Thumbs down I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
Perhaps try an exchange from Woot. Supposedly, they have acknowledged some units were defective. I'm certain it's at least worth a try.
Yes, I did tried Woot for the Exchange and there were no problem what so ever from Woot. I am just disappointed the way Entourge handled the situation on they on products.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:04 AM   #7
Edward_R
Edge User

My Pocket Edge suffered the White screen of Death on Wednesday, I filled out a support ticket Wednesday evening and received an email on Thursday stating "Your ticket has been reviewed and it is preferable for you to send the device to our warehouse for repair. This is for further testing so that we may alert our supplier. Before we provide the address please answer the information below for us to process the device return for repair."

I replied with the requested information and received the RMA information less than a hour later. So far I've all of my support tickets have been acted on within 24 hours, so I really can't complain at all.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #8
Franky
Edge User

So far I had a normal to good experience. I've got to say that if you buy at Woot, you gottah go back to them for service. They are the sellers and you dealt with them.

I bought an Audi and I can't go back to the factory for problems. I go back to the seller.
or do I miss something.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #9
UnHappyCamper
Edge User

Angry

One can only tell the exact experience when it heppen to him. Woot have no problem doing the Excange for me. This complaint is toward Entourage, the way they handle the customer, and how they choose to response / unresponse to customer when they feel like it. I doubt they will stay in business long with this attitude.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:28 PM   #10
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnHappyCamper View Post
I doubt they will stay in business long with this attitude.
I take it you haven't realized that enTourage is already out of business... (see http://www.entourageedge.com)

Old 05-24-2011, 09:14 PM   #11
sunnyone
Edge User

Oh.. I give up and replace the E-Ink by myself...

Old 05-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #12
Filark
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyone View Post
Oh.. I give up and replace the E-Ink by myself...
You did? Wow! How did you do it? How did it work out? So beyond my limited scope . . .