Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #106
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
I was unable to download books using Kindle for Android when using Experimental Repack 20110118.1. The IQ was able to register with Amazon but Amazon would not recognize the device. I would start a download but it would stop and say that it could not read the book.

Since I started with Repack 20110116 and everything worked OK, I dropped back and all is well again.

Thanks for all the good work. Repack 20110116 works just fine for me and will save much gnashing of teeth.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #107
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by annk View Post
I'm having this problem too. The Market tells me I've got a server error.
At no point am I being asked for my Android ID. I assume I have one (I have an HTC Hero phone) but I don't know where to find it on the phone. I've looked in all the settings in the phone to no avail. Does anyone know where I'd find the ID on my phone, and where and at what point I should've inputted it on my IQ?
I really appreciate all the work that's been done by people in this thread, and if anyone can give me ideas for how to get GTalk activated and the Market working I'd be really, really grateful!
How comfortable are you with your computer? I don't have another android device so I made use with an android emulator.

It is through the android emulator that I got my android ID. the IQ will not ask your for the android ID. You will have to put it into the IQ using adb.

I don't have the thread handy but there is one on gettting android market to work on the IQ on this forum.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:55 AM   #108
annk
annk began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro, Cruz T301, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
How comfortable are you with your computer? I don't have another android device so I made use with an android emulator.

It is through the android emulator that I got my android ID. the IQ will not ask your for the android ID. You will have to put it into the IQ using adb.

I don't have the thread handy but there is one on gettting android market to work on the IQ on this forum.

Cheers
I'm very comfortable as a Mac user and am often the person people come to for help with theirs. But my ability more or less starts and stops with the regular user interface. I have hacked Leopard onto my Asus netbook, using clear instructions on insanelymac.com, but I don't use terminal without instructions. So I guess I'll take a look at the other thread and ask a terminal-savvy friend for phone support as I do it.

I thought repacking would give my market access, but I can see now that's not the case.

As for the android ID, I just wondered if I could find it somewhere on the android phone I have (Hero HTC) and skip the emulator part. But from what you write it sounds like that might not be possible.

Thanks
annk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #109
Kalivan
Kalivan began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by annk View Post
I thought repacking would give my market access, but I can see now that's not the case.

As for the android ID, I just wondered if I could find it somewhere on the android phone I have (Hero HTC) and skip the emulator part. But from what you write it sounds like that might not be possible.

Thanks
Yo can use your Android ID if you have one an it´s not necessary the emulator.

You can read all in the link that wrote Coredump at the first post:
http://www.slatedroid.com/wiki/index...h_the_Emulator

But you need yes or yes to use adb.

The instructions will be:

Get AndroidID From A Phone

Using the ADB tool from the sdk Connect your device and give this command:

- adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "select * from meta";

The androidID will be displayed. Save it and go to Copy to slate section

Enter the androidID into your slate

- Make Sure USB Debugging is On Settings-> Appications->Development->USB Debugging

- Plug in USB Cable

- adb devices (you should see your device)

- adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta set intvalue='number_from_previous_commands' where name='androidId'";

When the command line returns you are done at the PC.
Unplug the USB cable or

Greetings.
Kalivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:05 AM   #110
Qualls
Qualls began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Many thanks for the Repack 20110116.

I get all working but, using Market, I cant download anything. I get always the "download unsuccessful" message. Anyone more have this issue? I tried with several solutions on the web: clearing caches and datas, etc. Im using an htc tattoo ID.
Anyone knows how can I solve it? Maybe I have to get another ID with the emulator?

Many thanks again and excuse my english
Qualls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #111
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualls View Post
Many thanks for the Repack 20110116.

I get all working but, using Market, I cant download anything. I get always the "download unsuccessful" message. Anyone more have this issue? I tried with several solutions on the web: clearing caches and datas, etc. Im using an htc tattoo ID.
Anyone knows how can I solve it? Maybe I have to get another ID with the emulator?

Many thanks again and excuse my english
Are you saying that you can see apps on the market but you just cannot download?

If you are using an app like startup auditor, make sure that all apps are enabled.

If not, then I don't know why you can't download.

Cheers
Old 02-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #112
Caiolgn
Caiolgn began at the beginning.

Where do I get the 2.0.2 version firmware? I'm getting the same error with LaunchPro
Caiolgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:43 PM   #113
hiaig
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiolgn View Post
Where do I get the 2.0.2 version firmware? I'm getting the same error with LaunchPro
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=115769 post 6

Cheers
Old 02-21-2011, 02:49 PM   #114
Qualls

Yes. I can see apps on the market. I can select them and begin the downloading process but just when have to appear the downloading progress bar always got a triangle with "download unsuccessful".

Thanks.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:53 PM   #115
Caiolgn

Thanks! Now I'm stuck when I try to add my AndroidID via adb =[
My device is not found by adb
Old 02-21-2011, 03:25 PM   #116
Qualls

Quote:
Thanks! Now I'm stuck when I try to add my AndroidID via adb =[
My device is not found by adb
Are you using USB debugging?

If you are using it and you can't see your PB using

adb devices

Try this:

$ sudo adb kill-server
$ sudo adb start-server

Then try again with

adb devices

Saludos.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #117
Caiolgn

Didn't work..

When I type adb devices, with IQ plugged on USB and USB debbug mode on, it shows only
"List of devices attached"
but no device nor any other word

I can't connect via Wi-Fi either, it says unable to connect
Old 02-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #118
hiaig
Addict

Quote:
Didn't work..

When I type adb devices, with IQ plugged on USB and USB debbug mode on, it shows only

I can't connect via Wi-Fi either, it says unable to connect
are you using windows 7? If you are, then you may have to manually change your drivers as mentioned in my previous post.

Cheers
Old 02-21-2011, 06:15 PM   #119
Qualls

[QUOTE=Caiolgn;1407778]Didn't work..

I can't connect via Wi-Fi either, it says unable to connect[/QUOTE

If you are using windows then open a terminal as Adminstrator and try to use

adb kill-server
adb start-server

You have to be rooted in your IQ

Good luck
Old 02-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #120
Caiolgn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
are you using windows 7? If you are, then you may have to manually change your drivers as mentioned in my previous post.

Cheers
Can you point that post for me?

Qualls, I have tried that without success, but thanks for the help!
ADB still can't find my device, when I type adb devices it says:
"List of devices attached" only, without any other word

I tried on my desktop running windows 7 and on my netbook running windows XP, nothing. When I try to issue any other command it says:
error - device not found

Last edited by Caiolgn; 02-21-2011 at 09:07 PM.