Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2006, 11:49 PM   #1
Vienna01
Old Dog Learns New Tricks
Vienna01 doesn't litterVienna01 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500,PocketBook 301, Sony 650
Is It Possible To Read Books From Net Libraries on the Sony Reader?

I have access to books at http://maryland.lib.overdrive.com. plus a local county ebook library. They tell you how to read them on your PC using PC software.

How can you read them on the Sony Reader. It seems a matter of how to transfer the temporary rights license you are given by the library.
Vienna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:24 AM   #2
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Unfortunately, the only encrypted/ rights license books you can view on the Reader are the ones sold by Sony.

Until Sony opens up their encryption to other parties or adds support for other encryption schemes (unlikely), we're stuck with protected content only from Sony...
flumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2010, 01:05 AM   #3
alroy
Enthusiast
alroy began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Opus/Pocket Pro/eSlick/Libre Pro
My library uses overdrive the same as your library. I have a Sony touch edition eReader. As long as I have Adobe Digital Editions on my computer I'm able to download books from my library through the Adobe Digital Editions software. Of course Adobe Digital Editions needs to authorize your eReader. This happens easily when you connect your eReader to your computer. Adobe Digital Editions recognizes the reader almost immediately and then its simply a matter of dragging and dropping the book into your eReader. (Your eReader will show up on the left side of Adobe Digital Editions software below books bought, books borrowed etc.

You can download Adobe Digital Editions software at the Adobe Website.
alroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:22 AM   #4
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
And of course this may have been settled a long time... alroy, you're the first to reply on this thread since 2006
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote