Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #1
Helmuts
Helmuts began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Books from Sony eBookstore for Pocketbook?

Dear all,

As a newcomer I would like to extend my Hello to everyone here! I'm complete beginner in the whole electronic reader field, and I have never had such a device before, but after some exploration, reading reviews and very helpful discussions in this forum, decided to try out Pocketbook 360 as my first reader, and in couple of days this small beauty should arrive.

Still I have one probably quite unenlightened question - is it possible to read ebooks from the Sony eBookstore? If yes, then how it's technically done? I understand that one needs Sony's Reader Library software to download those books to one's computer. But then how do I transfer them to Pocketbook?

Helmuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:53 PM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmuts View Post
Dear all,

As a newcomer I would like to extend my Hello to everyone here! I'm complete beginner in the whole electronic reader field, and I have never had such a device before, but after some exploration, reading reviews and very helpful discussions in this forum, decided to try out Pocketbook 360 as my first reader, and in couple of days this small beauty should arrive.

Still I have one probably quite unenlightened question - is it possible to read ebooks from the Sony eBookstore? If yes, then how it's technically done? I understand that one needs Sony's Reader Library software to download those books to one's computer. But then how do I transfer them to Pocketbook?

Hi and welcome to MR.

It IS possible to use the books from the Sony Library on your Pocketbook, but you have to use Adobe Digital Editions to download your books (this is no problem) then authorize your PB in ADE and transfger your book to the reader. Done!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The trick is to make sure that you have authorized an account (an AdobeID) in Desktop Adobe Digital Edtions before using Sony eBook Reader. If you do things in this order, your Sony ebooks will use the same AdobeID and will work on your PocketBook (don't forget to authorize this in Desktop ADE also). Under Windows, the Sony ePubs download into My Documents\My Books\Reader Library. You should be able to copy them directly to the PocketBook, but if that does not work try importing them into Desktop ADE and transferring from there.

The above assumes you keep the DRM, but I suggest you strip the Adobe DRM and use FBReader on your PocketBook. See Adobe ADEPT DRM for EPUB circumvented (note that Apprentice Alf's Blog has the latest info). Even if you end up using mobile ADE for ePubs on your PocketBook, DRM will bite you eventually unless you immediately remove it.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:33 AM   #4
Helmuts
Helmuts began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Thank you very much, indeed! Now it's clear, just have to get my device and try it out!
Helmuts is offline   Reply With Quote