Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
nortstudio
nortstudio began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Can't Delete from eBook Library

I had some trouble with the eBook Library - and the good people on this forum helped me get the program reinstalled and working correctly. Now i am not able to delete some PDF docs I put on my PRS 300 in the past - because it says it was "sync'd and needs to be deleted from the library." Problem is: they are not in the library any longer.

My only problem now is: It starts to sync and just keeps going. I cancel it after about 20 minutes.

Is there any way to get these files off the reader?? Also, is there any other program you would recommend to get files from online stores and do the sync so that I can avoid this Sony program?

I use Mac with 10.5.8. eBook is version 3.

Thanks

Last edited by nortstudio; 11-29-2009 at 06:52 PM.
nortstudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
nortstudio

Did you try going to the document on the 300 and deleting it from there (not plugged into the computer)? I can delete anything right on my 505. I never delete it from the library or use the library to delete items on the 505. I don't use the sync function either though. Have you tried Calibre for transferring documents?

You cannot buy books from Sony without the library, but there are a lot of online stores where you can purchase ebooks that will work with it. But it is nice to get the freebies from Sony if nothing else.

The MR wiki has links to many stores where you can purchase and get freebies:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_stores

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Free_eBooks

MR members have also uploaded many free classics (after diligently fixing them): https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_uploads

By the way Welcome to Mobileread nortstudio!

goldilocks
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert