Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Amazon: Buy the Ebook (Many Free), Get Audible book for free/reduced

As per "Emily Bronte" on the Amazon forum.

If you start here there are many classic ebooks you can "buy" for free and then get the Audible book for free with professional narration. If you get one of the new Fires it will sync between the audio version and the book version.

List of all the free ones.

Last edited by NightBird; 09-06-2012 at 10:32 PM.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Thanks for the tip.

Be careful, it tried to use one of my credits at first when I did a trial run getting 'Dracula'.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Interesting. It just shows as $0.00 when I put it in my cart.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Interesting. It just shows as $0.00 when I put it in my cart.
It shows $0.00 for me too, but the use a credit checkbox is checked until I uncheck it and hit the update button.

Some books that are $0.00 (not all the ones in the linked list are $0.00), maybe others can post more...

Dracula
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
The Moonstone
A Tale of Two Cities
David Copperfield
Treasure Island
The Mysterious Affair at Styles
Frankenstein
The Three Musketeers

Just a note, you don't need one of the new fires for these to work with Whispersync for Voice. You need to listen using Audible for iPhone (iPod Touch), Audible for Android or a Kindle Tablet and read with any Kindle E Ink reader, Kindle tablet or Kindle reading app...

http://www.audible.com/mt/wfs/narrow

Last edited by AnemicOak; 09-06-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #5
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It shows $0.00 for me too, but the use a credit checkbox is checked until I uncheck it and hit the update button.

Some books that are $0.00 (not all the ones in the linked list are $0.00), maybe others can post more...

Dracula
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
The Moonstone
A Tale of Two Cities
David Copperfield
Treasure Island
The Mysterious Affair at Styles
Frankenstein
The Three Musketeers

Just a note, you don't need one of the new fires for these to work with Whispersync for Voice. You need to listen using Audible for iPhone (iPod Touch), Audible for Android or a Kindle Tablet and read with any Kindle E Ink reader, Kindle tablet or Kindle reading app...
http://www.audible.com/mt/wfs/narrow
Oh thanks for clearing that up. I guess it's just the reading, listening, and highlighting at the same time that requires the new Fires.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #6
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Oh, my, you do have my attention.

Do you have to own a Kindle to make this work? Or do you simply have to have an active account with a Kindle app (in my case, an Android) and a linked Audible account?

skinmaan
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #7
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Oh, my, you do have my attention.

Do you have to own a Kindle to make this work? Or do you simply have to have an active account with a Kindle app (in my case, an Android) and a linked Audible account?

skinmaan
No, I don't have a Kindle just the Kindle 4 PC ap and a linked Audible account worked perfectly but as advised above make sure you tick of the credit box otherwise it might try and use your credit even thought the book is $0.00

PS Very cool thank you Nightbird
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #8
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Or do you simply have to have an active account with a Kindle app (in my case, an Android) and a linked Audible account?
Yes - read the link AnemicOak posted - that explains it all.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #9
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I believe this is true for all Audible sales. I know when I bought a couple of books from the $4.95 sale yesterday, this is how it presented itself until I unchecked the "credit" checkboxes.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:20 PM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I believe this is true for all Audible sales. I know when I bought a couple of books from the $4.95 sale yesterday, this is how it presented itself until I unchecked the "credit" checkboxes.
I know it happens during the sales, but I've never had it happen for a free book before (like all the ones posted yesterday). It just stood out to me for a second and I thought I'd make mention as I didn't want someone else to miss it and lose a credit.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #11
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
Thanks so much for this Nightbird!

-Also, here's a direct link to the 27 Free Whispersync for Voice/Audible Titles that are on Amazon US right now.

Link: Amazon US - Free Books with Free Whispersync/Audible

-Here's a heads up - you just need to make sure you "buy" the book for 0.00 first (or already have it in your Amazon library) then click to buy it for 0.00 from Audible, each title is then put into your Audible cart and you "buy" them for 0.00, I don't have an Audible membership, just a free account and all went fine.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #12
NightBird
Wizard

I put the free link in the OP - probably after you guys first read it. Even so I am finding others that are free that are not in that list. Also some are $.99 and then only $1.99 for the audiobook, so lots of good deals. Some of the free books we have posted have the audiobook for only a couple of dollars.

It does tell you if you already have the ebook, but if it is a book that you got for free but now has a price, you won't be able to get the audiobook without paying for the ebook.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #13
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
I already own some of the free ebooks... it won't let me "purchase" them again so I can get the Audible book for free... Any ideas?
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #14
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
No, I don't have a Kindle just the Kindle 4 PC ap and a linked Audible account worked perfectly

YW.

He is asking about whether the sync will work if you don't have a Kindle.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #15
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
No, I don't have a Kindle just the Kindle 4 PC ap and a linked Audible account worked perfectly but as advised above make sure you tick of the credit box otherwise it might try and use your credit even thought the book is $0.00

OMDG this ROCKS! You guys have made my day/night. Thank you so much for the post, and for pointing me in the right direction.

skinmaan
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible