Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-01-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
Susan Crealock
Online Novels
Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple iTouch
Free science fiction anthology from Phoenix Pick - The Best of Edmond Hamilton

Phoenix Pick's Ebook of the month: The Best of Edmond Hamilton edited by Leigh Brackett and free with coupon code 9992371.

Description: Here is a collection of some of the finest short fiction penned by one of "fathers" of modern science fiction.

These stories were selected (and edited) by his wife Leigh Brackett, an author and a screenwriter. Her screen-writing credits include works on such films as The Big Sleep, Rio Bravo, The Long Goodbye and Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.

This collection spans nearly half a century of Edmond Hamilton's work and was selected from a repository of hundreds of stories that he had written over that period..
Susan Crealock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:20 PM   #2
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Thanks very much Susan! (For the ebook link as well as the site reference - I hadn't heard of these folks before).
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:49 PM   #3
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Nice one! Very surprised to see someone do this. Or The Long Tomorrow by Brackett.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:15 AM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
So how do I download it? I am looking at the instructions and see no link.

I followed the link I got in my email as well.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:18 AM   #5
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post

You have to look for Hamilton on the left side bar or just keep on scrolling, but here's a link that centers on Hamilton ->

http://www.phoenixpick.com/catalogue...t.htm#Hamilton
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:22 AM   #6
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post

In addition to arcadata's tip, you have to enter the code from the original post. The links to the different formats appear at the bottom of the page after entering the code.

Edit: Here's the direct link to the validator - enter the code here.

Last edited by thrawn_aj; 02-02-2011 at 12:27 AM.
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:43 AM   #7
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Thanks very much for this. He's one of my favorite writers, but his stuff is kind of pricey. (You'd think prices of dead authors books would get lower, but alas, no)

While he seems mostly famous for being Mr. Leigh Brackett these days, he wrote one of my favorite SF novels, The Star Kings, and series of his, Starwolf, was turned into a TV show in Japan which was brought over by Sandy Frank and then appeared on two different episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (Star Force: Fugitive Alien I & II)
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:49 AM   #8
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrawn_aj View Post
In addition to arcadata's tip, you have to enter the code from the original post. The links to the different formats appear at the bottom of the page after entering the code.

Edit: Here's the direct link to the validator - enter the code here.
Oh man, I'm an idiot, I was looking at Leigh Brackett's book...I thought THAT was the free one LOL.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:55 AM   #9
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks Susan! I'll look forward to trying him out.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:20 AM   #10
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Hmm may give one a go as my first foray into sci-fi books (Star Trek and Red Dwarf aside) - thanks to OP!
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:29 AM   #11
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Thanks!
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:34 AM   #12
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
Thanks very much for this. He's one of my favorite writers, but his stuff is kind of pricey. (You'd think prices of dead authors books would get lower, but alas, no)

While he seems mostly famous for being Mr. Leigh Brackett these days, he wrote one of my favorite SF novels, The Star Kings, and series of his, Starwolf, was turned into a TV show in Japan which was brought over by Sandy Frank and then appeared on two different episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (Star Force: Fugitive Alien I & II)
Yep, but there's a couple of bundles of bunches of Hamilton books at Baen, including The Star Kings.

Also Legion of Super-Heroes comics early etc.

The Japanese even made an anime of Captain Future.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #13
rogerVA
Connoisseur
rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite & Kindle 3
Excellent find, thanks!
rogerVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:00 AM   #14
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I've read his book "City at World's End" many times. You can find it and other works by him at http://manybooks.net/authors/hamiltone.html as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post

crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:40 AM   #15
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote