Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: How often has your T1 crashed/frozen? (after using it at least 3 days)
Once 38 23.60%
2-3 times 26 16.15%
More than 3 times 35 21.74%
Never 62 38.51%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2011, 03:40 AM   #16
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
No freezes for hubby as yet. I'll report back if he experiences one. There are not a large number of books loaded on it though and no PDFs at this time.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:10 AM   #17
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Seems the same issue is surfacing for Aussie T1 owners as well.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #18
twinszz
Connoisseur
twinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enough

Device: prs 300, 600, 950, 350, & T1
Ok, I did just post this on the Freeze/crash thread.

I called Sony and as usual did not like the repetive, "We have not had any reports of the T1 crashing or Freezing, nor have we heard of the unexpected page turns with the touch application "freezing"." , nor did I like the personal attitude "Jonathan" kept giving me until I called him on it.

In the end, his suggestion was to return the unit to Sony for another NEW unit, since there is no upgrade. I turned him down, as I bought the unit locally from Target who has a 90 day return policy.

In other words, Sony doesn't know anything about this unit and the ONLY suggestion Customer Service is scriptted to have is: do a hard reset which will erase everything off of the unit. Didn't work.
twinszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #19
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinszz View Post
Ok, I did just post this on the Freeze/crash thread.

I called Sony and as usual did not like the repetive, "We have not had any reports of the T1 crashing or Freezing, nor have we heard of the unexpected page turns with the touch application "freezing"." , nor did I like the personal attitude "Jonathan" kept giving me until I called him on it.

In the end, his suggestion was to return the unit to Sony for another NEW unit, since there is no upgrade. I turned him down, as I bought the unit locally from Target who has a 90 day return policy.

In other words, Sony doesn't know anything about this unit and the ONLY suggestion Customer Service is scriptted to have is: do a hard reset which will erase everything off of the unit. Didn't work.
Well Jonathan may be ignorant of it but I have talked to 3 support staff about it. So there certainly have been reports about it. But what Sony is doing is not so unusual. Whenever we have product problems in our dental laboratory industry it is strange how no one else seems to be having that problem. They don't realize we dental lab owners talk to each other...duh!
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #20
lightforx
Enthusiast
lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
my unit went into a infinite loop yesterday.

while reading a book, the loading icon appeared (circular arrow going round and round).

it was a continuous flash, loading, flash, loading, flash. reset solves it.
lightforx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #21
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
An infinite loop might be something in the book formatting rather than the device. At least that's been my past experience when I've had that problem.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #22
Lorif
Lorif began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505, prs-t1
Hi,
Received my unit Friday, got it all charged and set up no problems. Started reading the books I had loaded, no problems at first and then it started freezing. First time it wouldn't stop moving ahead pages so I hit the home button, went to the home screen but then I couldn't do anything else. Each time after that was just random timing. I started using the page turn button to finish my book. After the system goes to sleep and I turn it back on, all is okay again until it happens again.

Not using an SD card, not using the wifi after testing it, at 12% full for books.
I actually use the Sony Reader software on the PC and don't worry about removing DRM since I just buy books or borrow from the library. I don't really want it more complicated than necessary and the reader software worked for me with the 505.
I have put in a support request on the sony website, hopefully if enough people do they will put out a fix for it.
Lori
Lorif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:27 PM   #23
smaje
smaje began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
Highlighting Crash

I have found one thing that will crash the book reader and send you back to the home page. Steps to reproduce the problem...

1. Highlight a word (other than the first word of a line).
2. Drag the end-of-highlight marker down to the next line.
3. Drag the end-of-highlight marker left (while staying on the same line) to a position to the left of the start-of-highlight marker (which is on the previous line).
4. Drag the end-of-highlight marker up to the same line as the start-of-highlight marker.

This will crash the book reader and dump you back to the home page every time. It doesn't remember where you were in the book from that particular session of reading either. (On a positive side, it doesn't crash/freeze the whole device.)

Note, if you are highlighting with your finger instead of the stylus and your highlight begins on one line and ends on the next, but to the left of where the start marker is, it's quite easy to accidentally do this.

(PRS-T1; Version: 1.0.00.09010)
smaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:19 PM   #24
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
I just wanted to thank everyone who has participated in my poll so far and/or posted on this thread.

MobileRead is great! I am so happy I found you guys!
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:33 PM   #25
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pomtroll said something on another thread that made me think more. Both times that I experienced the page forward I had been reading for a long reading session - therefore turning lots of pages and not doing other things. Just an observation for whatever it's worth.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:00 AM   #26
Intelligencer
Intelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo, Sony, Kindle, iPad
My unit started doing this today. Yesterday I read through about 40 pages.

I turned it on today. Flipped back one page and it started flipping auomatically till I pressed home button. Then it became unresponsive to touch until I power cycled it a few times.

I have highlighted some text from this book.

I wonder if others have gotten the problem wihout highlights or notes in the book involved?

Perhaps it is a highlighting/markup type bug.

Frustrated but glad I have a 650 as a backup.
Intelligencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #27
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

I did not have any highlights or notes. It's interesting that your issue was when you were going backwards in pages. Did it keep flipping pages backwards (like continuing the action) or did they start going forward?
Old 10-12-2011, 01:52 PM   #28
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
I have version 1.1 on my T1 and no problems yet. Anyone else have the update?
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:02 PM   #29
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by peitsao View Post
I have version 1.1 on my T1 and no problems yet. Anyone else have the update?
You mean that your T1 has firmware 1.1 if you look in Settings > About on your ereader? Not that you upgraded the Sony computer software with the new update? I've only seen people mention firmware version 1.0.00.09010 which is what I have.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #30
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
I have had mine since 10/7, and no crashing/ freezing yet.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote