Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
40% purchases at Delphi Classics this weekend

For those who don't mind paying for well edited public domain works:

Quote:
We are delighted to tell you about a special discount code only available for this weekend (expires Sunday 23:59 GMT), giving you an amazing 40% off our entire site:

Discount code: MERRYMONTH

Simply type this code into the Discount Code box (bottom of the screen) when viewing your shopping cart. Make sure you click Recalculate and then the offer will be applied to the items in your cart.

Thank you for reading our email and happy reading!
Go nuts! I did.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Went looking for a link. Found they also have an offer for "French Classics" free for everyone (includes English translation and original French texts):

delphiclassics.com/shop/?page_id=2462

Last edited by koland; 05-19-2012 at 08:42 AM.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Thanks for the coupon tip, and the freebie, both.

They have a bunch of "free with purchase" classics available for both formats (links on sidebar)

I'll have a look at the freebie and if I like it what they're doing I'd be quite willing to spend a dollar or two for perhaps one or two of the Ancient Classics or the foreign language stuff, especially with the extra freebies available if you actually buy something. The Homer & Virgil with their multiple translations and original Greek/Latin texts + commentary & criticism look pretty promising.

If anyone reads German and wants Theodor Storm really cheaply, his work is already discounted to $1.49 and will probably stack with the coupon.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Would've been a nice offer, but I don't do PayPal:

Quote:
Customers can purchase Kindle and ePub (Nook and Kobo) eBooks directly from us and save on special offers and discounts, as well as purchase FREE eBooks. Simply register an account, add items to your shopping cart and then checkout through PayPal.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #5
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
A bit past midnight Sunday GMT, but the coupon is still working when I try it in the cart if anyone else wants to some up.

I went and bought the Ancient Classics Virgil & Homer, which are fairly nifty, with a few illustrations and multiple translations, as well as original texts. Much skimpier on the introductions/commentary/etc. than I'd been hoping, but nicely laid out and they've done a nice job that's worth the $3 I spent, especially since they do free updates for the paying customers.

I think I'll wait on getting anything else until a future sale, once I've read and evaluated how much I really like the way things are laid out (not fond of mega-omnibuses in the first place, even well-done ones) and how much benefit I actually use from the value-added bonuses, but there'll probably be a few more purchases eventually.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2012, 12:14 AM   #6
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
I think I'll wait on getting anything else until a future sale, once I've read and evaluated how much I really like the way things are laid out (not fond of mega-omnibuses in the first place, even well-done ones) and how much benefit I actually use from the value-added bonuses, but there'll probably be a few more purchases eventually.
I'm not fond of the mega omnibus idea either. I basically purchase all as epub, load them up in Sigil and painstakingly separate them out into separate works.

I have a special Delphi Classics Calibre library that sits off my Dropbox account and as each individual book is created I add it to my normal Fiction library in Calibre.

I do it mainly because I've heard very good things about the job that the company do so it takes the guess work out of it. One of the benefits of public domain is that you can read it for free - one of the disadvantages is that anyone can put a new cover on a crappy scan and sell it or give it away. This way takes the trust issues out of the equation a little. I have Dickens, Dostoyevsky, Fitzgerald, Wells, London, Poe, Collins, Lawrence and Verne from them and I'm likely to get more over time.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote