Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 09-14-2017, 06:49 PM   #1
confused_ereader
confused_ereader began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question How to export ebooks from Kobo Vox to computer?

Please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere. I poked through the forums for about 30 min and couldn't seem to find an answer to this question.

I would like to export the ebooks on my Kobo Vox to my computer, but I don't want to have to download any Kobo software on my computer to do this. I just want to access the actual ebook files (the actual .epub file).

Can anyone please point me in the direction of a how-to guide, or perhaps tell me what I need to be googling in order to do this? My google efforts so far have turned up nothing.

Why are these stupid things so completely unintuitive?
confused_ereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:05 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Are these books you've downloaded directly to the Vox from Kobo? I'm not sure where they are stored on a Vox, but the current Android app stores things in Android > Data > com.kobobooks.android >files >... however the Vox may not store in the same place. That said if you do find them they will be kePub's, not ePub's and some/all will likely have DRM (note kePub's aren't all that different from ePub's). I'm not sure if OBOK (used for removing Kobo DRM, see Apprentice Alf) would work with the Vox or not though.

Much easier to just download the Adobe DRM'd ePub's (and any DRM-free ePub's for books without DRM) directly from the Kobo website using Adobe Digital Editions (will need Apprentice Alf's tools if you want the DRM gone). The other option, which you said you didn't want to do, would be Kobo's desktop software to download kePub's that way.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 09-14-2017 at 07:07 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert