Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
firewolf
firewolf began at the beginning.

Device: none
Show book details error

Hi, I've been getting following error message when trying to show the book details:

calibre, version 0.8.11
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnboundLocalError</b>:local variable 'link' referenced before assignment

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\show_book_details.py ", line 33, in show_book_info
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\book_info.py", line 39, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\book_info.py", line 131, in refresh
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 29, in render_html
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 146, in render_data
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'link' referenced before assignment

The error appeared also in 0.8.8 version which I previously had. I tried updating it to 0.8.11, then uninstall completely and install 0.8.11 again but the error still shows.
Thank you for any tips.
firewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewolf View Post
Hi, I've been getting following error message when trying to show the book details:

calibre, version 0.8.11
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnboundLocalError</b>:local variable 'link' referenced before assignment

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\show_book_details.py ", line 33, in show_book_info
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\book_info.py", line 39, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\book_info.py", line 131, in refresh
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 29, in render_html
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 146, in render_data
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'link' referenced before assignment

The error appeared also in 0.8.8 version which I previously had. I tried updating it to 0.8.11, then uninstall completely and install 0.8.11 again but the error still shows.
Thank you for any tips.
Uninstall does not remove (possibly corrupt) configurations and custom plugins.
Start Calibre
Note down the PATH to your Library (hover over 'Click to Open' in the book details pane. The Library is the part before the Author)
You will need this info later. ALL configuration settings will be lost.

Preferences: Miscellaneous. Click "Open Calibre Configuration directory"
LEAVE the explorer window OPEN

Quit Calibre. Un-install Calibre from the control panel

Now Delete the contents of the Configuration folder that you had left open

reboot just for grins (and to be sure everything is clear)
Instal Calibre 8.11 (temporary disable you A/V if this possibly interfered). Use the existing Library path that you had noted.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The problem comes from having an empty value in Preferences -> Look & Feel -> Book Details -> Default author link template. This is arguably a bug, although it never occurred to me that someone would want to have no link template.

Put a value in the box. The default is http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?search={author}
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:09 PM   #4
firewolf
firewolf began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you very much theduck's advice worked perfectly and yes I deleted the author link template in the previous instalation. now I left it intact and everything works just fine.
once more big thanks for help
firewolf is offline   Reply With Quote