Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 09:33 PM   #46
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
right now i'm in the mental state that i don't know what to read, despite the fact that i just bought tons of ebooks xP it's the buying that's fun. i get a rush.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #47
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
right now i'm in the mental state that i don't know what to read, despite the fact that i just bought tons of ebooks xP it's the buying that's fun. i get a rush.
I'm in that all the time lately.

I've actually found that "lite" literature does the trick to jog me out of it. Maybe try something fluffy and easy to zip though? Makes you feel like you're making all kinds of progress.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 10:17 PM   #48
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@amara: right now i'm trying to finish a little spy book. it's lite, alright, but i've read better ;x sometimes i get annoyed when authors just put jobs for the sake of having them but not really showing their characters doing them.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:31 PM   #49
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@amara: right now i'm trying to finish a little spy book. it's lite, alright, but i've read better ;x sometimes i get annoyed when authors just put jobs for the sake of having them but not really showing their characters doing them.
I'll see your lite spy novel and raise you a lite Bridget Jones knock-off. I usually can't stand chick lit, but this caught my eye with a funny description. It's cute, fluffy, and mediocre, but in an enjoyable way. I'll never understand how characters in books can be in constant poverty (behind on the rent, no food in the fridge) but still manage to go out for drinks when they've had a long day.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:38 PM   #50
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
I'll see your lite spy novel and raise you a lite Bridget Jones knock-off. I usually can't stand chick lit, but this caught my eye with a funny description. It's cute, fluffy, and mediocre, but in an enjoyable way. I'll never understand how characters in books can be in constant poverty (behind on the rent, no food in the fridge) but still manage to go out for drinks when they've had a long day.
i used to enjoy chick lit. i suppose i still do, but most of the time i want to strangle the heroine, especially if she seems so vapid and oblivious. before i got into online reading and original fiction, i used to read a lot of chick lit on my sisters' shelves. but nowadays when it comes to women's fiction, i enjoy food-related novels and books on friendship i did enjoy Bridget Jones, though she was cute without being annoying. for me, at least xP

ok, finished the spy novel.

in progress: an m/m novel, a mystery, and two vampire books
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #51
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

@WyndSlash,

Yes, I want to throttle them too, I'm afraid. I particularly find the weight-emphasis obnoxious -- the whole meme in chick lit that 5'5", 12X pounds is "chubby" or "fat" is quite tiresome to me.

And I also don't like the consumer culture of a lot of chick lit and "Sex in the City" -- I don't want to be all PEOPLE ARE STARVING when someone buys a $500 pair of sunglasses because have I mentioned I have four eReaders for no adequate reason, but still, my gorge rises a little when the novels delve into brand name dropping.

I LOVE food related novels. Can we just keep this addiction thread going forever? Because this is awesome.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #52
wyndslash
Wizard

who buys a pair of $500 sunglasses? imagine how many pbooks/ebooks you could buy with that!

addiction is forever
Old 06-09-2011, 10:51 PM   #53
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Can we just keep this addiction thread going forever? Because this is awesome.
I vote yes.

And no, this question does not need a poll.

I just purchased. Only 99 cents, but still... You can only fall off the wagon so many times before it just makes sense to stay in the road.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:58 PM   #54
wyndslash
Wizard

i used my $2 promotional credit yesterday for two $0.99 books that langtail press reduced on amazon

i do enjoy these old mysteries.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:30 AM   #55
birdbrainbb
Addict
birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Paperwhite 5
I put myself on a book buying ban until at least the end of the summer, but I've bought five books this week. At least I only spent $3 buying them!

I have a REALLY hard time resisting cheap books, and free books are worse. I'm not counting the freebies for my ban, though, so that part's fine.
birdbrainbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:31 AM   #56
wyndslash
Wizard

many of the books i want aren't available in ebook format yet, so i guess that's one more thing that's stopping me but it will only be a matter of time, then i suspect the authors would digitize their works.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:36 AM   #57
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Reminds me of a former neighbor. He fell behind on rent and had other such problems, but he could find funds for lottery tickets.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:37 AM   #58
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
i used my $2 promotional credit yesterday for two $0.99 books that langtail press reduced on amazon

i do enjoy these old mysteries.
Which old mysteries are you talking about wyndslash?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:43 AM   #59
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Which old mysteries are you talking about wyndslash?
dead man calling and eyes all around by gavin black, i believe xP
Old 06-10-2011, 06:57 AM   #60
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Okay, relax, take a deep breath and chant to yourself: "Fictionwise will have another sale after this*. It will be a better sale, with a better coupon. I can hold out for another 60% off. The books will still be there†. Another sale with a better coupon. At least 55% off. The books will still be there."
This is the tactic I've been taking too. And then Fictionwise did do a 60% off coupon. I was doing really well this year up until then!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote