Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
hpjrt
Connoisseur
hpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watch

Device: kobo
Okay ... what am I doing wrong?

I have downloaded Sigil ... but when it's done installing ... I get one of those icon-less window things and when I double click on it, Windows XP tells me that it isn't a valid Win32 application.

I have downloaded 3 different sigil installers and know that I am simply missing something basic.

I checked the manual and it only mentions an "application configuration is incorrect" message.

So ... can someone please help me?

Thanks

Mary
hpjrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Since you have a 32 bit machine, download this file, not this file. You want the one without the "x86_64" part in its name.

There's a very specific reason why the 32 bit version of the Sigil installer doesn't have "x86" in its name (which it should), but the Linux 32 bit version does: the reason is that someone who doesn't know what "x86_64" means will just pick the "plain" filename.

Linux people OTOH are expected to know the difference (if they don't, what on God's green earth are they doing running Linux?).
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2010, 05:43 PM   #3
hpjrt
Connoisseur
hpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watch

Device: kobo
Thanks ... got it this time!
hpjrt is offline   Reply With Quote