Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
sony_fox
Zealot
sony_fox has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Auroa H2O
Yet another new Sony 505 poster

Seem slike a freindly place with useful pointers - and it directed me here, so here I am.

Hi anybody who actually reads this far!

Been a Sony505 owber for a couple of weeks now, and very pleased with is - apart from the traversty of eBook Library, which has already had me cursing a lot. I'm hoping ot brouse a bit and pick up a few tips on how to manage the damm thing sensibly.
sony_fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:40 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I only use the Sony software to download freebies that are occasionally offered. If you want another program to manage your collection of ebooks try Calibre http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/

It's a free program for managing ebooks and converting formats.

Also, depending on your reading tastes, check out the free out-of-copyright ebooks listed on this site. Check the blue bar at the top of the page for the E-books link.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi sony_fox and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #4
sony_fox
Zealot

Wow, fast responses!

I was just coming back to add that I was in the UK.

I'm looking into Calibre - it does transfer books to the Sony505 which was my biggest question. Will it recognise what I've already got on the reader? And can I use it to edit titles/authors etc?

I've just finished Green Mars too! Perhaps not quite as good as red, but still very enjoyable, onto Blue Mars next to see how it all finishes.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sony_fox View Post
Wow, fast responses!

I was just coming back to add that I was in the UK.

I'm looking into Calibre - it does transfer books to the Sony505 which was my biggest question. Will it recognise what I've already got on the reader? And can I use it to edit titles/authors etc?

I've just finished Green Mars too! Perhaps not quite as good as red, but still very enjoyable, onto Blue Mars next to see how it all finishes.
sony_fox - welcome!

Yes, Calibre will show what's currently on your Reader and you can use it to edit titles/authors and add tags (to mark books as in a particular series) - I've never used anything else and it works just fine.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #6
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
I did like Red Mars better than Green Mars. Will eventually read Blue Mars but going in a different direction for my next few books.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
What problems are you having with your Sony software? Just curious.

Glad to hear you love your 505, I know I love mine!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #8
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, sony_fox!

I have a 700 and LOVE it! I have had trouble with the ebook library software when I tried using the Sync feature. Calibre is great software and there are wonderful people here who can answer your questions. Don't forget to check out all the free ebook downloads here, too!

Enjoy!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:02 AM   #9
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hi sony_fox, and Click image for larger version

Name:	Welcome Mat-2.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	31092 to Mobileread.

I've got a 505 also - love it.

Yeh, what lilac_jive said . . . what problems are you having with your Sony software? That's all I use and haven't had any problem with it on either my XP or Vista computer with my Reader.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:13 AM   #10
sony_fox
Zealot

It just seems hugely un-intuative.

the process of getting books, and adding them to reader is straightforward and works easily, organising them however just is rubbish.

Elibrary doesn't seem to know what is on the reader, especially if I've added them from say Digital editions, and doesn't pick up what collections are on the Reader. Moving books around once on the reader is even worse.

When I get a few minutes I will try Calibre as it sounds just pretty good.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:03 AM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Seem slike a freindly place with useful pointers - and it directed me here, so here I am.

Hi anybody who actually reads this far!

Been a Sony505 owber for a couple of weeks now, and very pleased with is - apart from the traversty of eBook Library, which has already had me cursing a lot. I'm hoping ot brouse a bit and pick up a few tips on how to manage the damm thing sensibly.

Welcome to MobileRead, sony_fox.

Don't hesitate to ask questions.......lot of people here love to give advice.

Enjoy!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
software, sony