Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #31
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
From the review, you have to tap the top, then the bulb, then the bar to change the light.

Why can't you just change the light by swiping up and down the middle with two fingers or something similar?

I wish they'd kept the home button. I don't want to tap twice to go home. I have attention deficit and I'm constantly switching books.

The light looks good on some reviews, not so hot on others. I'll look for user reviews here, which will be more informative, I'm sure.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:31 AM   #32
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
That typically means the company fears negative reviews impacting early adoption sales numbers, which leads me to think they have concerns about the product.
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:51 AM   #33
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm1983 View Post
It very well could just be the exposure from the camera settings, or the way it photographs, but I'm concerned about what look like bright spots from the LEDS which are embedded along the bottom edge. Outside of those, the lighting on the screen looks very even as promised.
It looks quite noticeable in their pics, but some others it doesn't look quite so obvious, and in others, you can't see it at all.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #34
Dropout
Enthusiast
Dropout began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Kindle 8th Gen
From the Engadget review, "With the Paperwhite, you'll have to also swipe the screen before you can gain entry. Simply clicking the button will only serve to turn the light on." Very interesting. Seems turning on the unit in the dark with the light off shouldn't be a problem.
Dropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #35
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
From the Engadget review, "With the Paperwhite, you'll have to also swipe the screen before you can gain entry. Simply clicking the button will only serve to turn the light on." Very interesting. Seems turning on the unit in the dark with the light off shouldn't be a problem.
They said something similar in the CNET review as well. Can't wait to get my hands on one to verify!
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote