Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-31-2017, 10:23 PM   #1
DoctorM
Groupie
DoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: none
Recovery and Micro SD Question

I need to do a recovery of a bricked PRS-T1. I know little about SD cards.

Anyone know the minimum size and recommend speed rating that should be used for this purpose?
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:44 AM   #2
Maximilian66
Maximilian66 began at the beginning.

Another reminder why backup is important.
Maximilian66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2017, 04:13 PM   #3
DoctorM
Groupie
DoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and grace

Not really a helpful answer. No important data was on the reader that couldn't be recopied.
My question was what type of card was needed to recover the unit.

I now know that Reader internal flash memory is small. You can back the whole thing up in about 2gb.

Any reasonably priced micro-SD card will work. Faster speeds will decrease your wait time while copying files though.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 02:50 PM   #4
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
My Sony T1 has original 1.5 GB internal SD card with 69.3 MB used It has a 3 GB external SD card with 2.9 GB used with 2365 books. I have display book covers in library off because if display covers was on my T1 would lock up trying to process that many covers. Display covers on home screen is OK. Speed of SD card doesn't matter to Sony T1 normal operation due to slow processor. I have not installed larger internal SD card but should be OK less than TB size, can't hurt to try but pointless for what it is.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bricked, micro sd card, recovery