Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-29-2009, 06:43 PM   #1
Tonybalony
Tonybalony began at the beginning.

Device: sony s505
Hello from a Newbie

Hello Boys & girls

First posting so please be gentle with me.

I'm hoping to buy a Sony S-505 soon however, based on my past experience with Sony products i've no doubt the hardware will look gorgeous but the software will be complete bollocks. I've no doubt i'll need to pick the brains of some of the experts at some point in the future.

Any one remember "connect" & "Atrac-3"?

Thank you all in advance.

Tonybalony

Last edited by Tonybalony; 05-29-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Tonybalony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:51 PM   #2
electristan
newbie reader
electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable, Boox T68, Kobo Mini, Nook STR, Sony PRS-505
I think the correct spelling is "Newbie", newbie

Welcome to these great forms. I'm sure, like me, you will find lots of help here. And I'm sure you will love the 505, great piece of hardware.
electristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2009, 07:04 PM   #3
Tonybalony

Thanks electristan,

Doh! I'll correct that spelling if i can.

I may get The Road by Cormac McCarthy as my first purchase as i've been meaning to read it before the film comes out.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Tonybaloney.

I"m sure you'll find lots of help here......enjoy the forums and especially scour the 505 forum for more help......

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:57 PM   #5
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybalony View Post
...I may get The Road by Cormac McCarthy as my first purchase as i've been meaning to read it before the film comes out.
Welcome to the forum, TB! I just got my 505 last weekend and love it! I read The Road last year and found it pretty darn powerful, but like always I reserve the right to pan the movie! Cormac McCarthy has a unique writing style - can't wait to read the rest of his novels.
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #6
nnofes7
nnofes7 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile Introduction Message

Greetings,
I was referred to this site by my business mentor. I am totally new to this internet experience. I look forward to the interaction and exchange of information as I become more savvy in using what I learn to enhance my website prosperity.

Njideka "Queen of StressFree Living" Olatunde
nnofes7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnofes7 View Post
Greetings,
I was referred to this site by my business mentor. I am totally new to this internet experience. I look forward to the interaction and exchange of information as I become more savvy in using what I learn to enhance my website prosperity.

Njideka "Queen of StressFree Living" Olatunde
Welcome to MobileRead, Njideka.

Would you consider going here, and introducing yourself by starting a new thread?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49

We'd love to welcome you properly!! Let us know where you are from, and what you like to read. Are you considering a reader device, and if so, which one?

Enjoy............
Old 05-29-2009, 08:50 PM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Tonybalony and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #9
Tonybalony

Thanks Everyone,

I really appreciate the warm welcome.

Looking at F1Wild's list i might have to see if i can get a copy of the Clapton biography as well, he was on The South Bank show recently and i really enjoyed the program.

Can somebody recommend a few places for UK sony ereader owners to buy e-books please. I had a go on the interweb other night, thought i was on to a winner at the sony ebook shop and one other online bookshop in the US but fell at the last hurdle when they found out i was in the UK.

Waterstones have a piss poor selection and are expensive to boot. What drugs are the execs at sony on these days? great looking product lousy book shop. Why not do a deal with Amazon for the ebooks.

Tonybalony.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:53 PM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Thanks Everyone,

Looking at F1Wild's list i might have to see if i can get a copy of the Clapton biography as well, he was on The South Bank show recently and i really enjoyed the program.

Can somebody recommend a few places for UK sony ereader owners to buy e-books please. I had a go on the interweb other night, thought i was on to a winner at the sony ebook shop and one other online bookshop in the US but fell at the last hurdle when they found out i was in the UK.

Waterstones have a piss poor selection and are expensive to boot. What drugs are the execs at sony on these days? great looking product lousy book shop. Why not do a deal with Amazon for the ebooks.

Tonybalony.

Amazon has their own device in the states, and they probably won't do ebooks elsewhere until they sell the device in those countries.

Have you tried fictionwise?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:58 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Tony, click on my link and vote!

Not that Sony needs anymore votes..........
Old 05-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi tony,
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Amazon has their own device in the states, and they probably won't do ebooks elsewhere until they sell the device in those countries.

Have you tried fictionwise?
fictionwise is a good suggestion, also BooksOnBoard... there is a list of bookshops in our wiki. (linky at the top left of every page).
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Tony, click on my link and vote!

Not that Sony needs anymore votes..........
yes it does ! vote sony !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:15 PM   #13
F1Wild
Addict

Quote:
Thanks Everyone,

Tonybalony.
If you like Clapton (and yes, this has nothing to do with ereading) you might also love a guy named, Joe Bonamassa! Awesome blues/rock guitarist who just played at Royal Albert Hall, with guest Eric Clapton. He was recengtly on Jools Holland. Check him out online! I think he's playing all over the UK and Europe this summer. Catch him if you can he's a terrific guy we know very well!

And back to ereading - can't put Clapton down at night - was up til 5am reading! I paid full Sony price for the ebook, but what the hell, I don't read more than one at a time and I have specific taste. Wish we could get ?Amazon prices for the 505 ebooks, though!!
Old 05-31-2009, 04:53 PM   #14
Tonybalony

Cheers F1Wild,

I will try and check him out.

Tonybalony.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:16 AM   #15
F1Wild
Addict

Quote:
Cheers F1Wild,
I will try and check him out.
Tonybalony.
Give him a go on the web first, but I guarantee if you saw him in person you would become a disciple!