Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-10-2007, 03:08 PM   #16
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

I'm in desperate need of a case for the Kindle. The enclosed one is a piece of crap, really.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:19 PM   #17
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I just got an email from www.buymedge.com and they said they expect to have one out by mid January.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2007, 03:23 PM   #18
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Not expecting much from the company that brought out this:

http://www.buymedge.com/p_sonyreader_sleeve.HTML

Yuck!
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:48 PM   #19
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

True, that is dire but this isn't too bad:

Old 12-28-2007, 07:17 AM   #20
jpeter1093
jpeter1093 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rflashman View Post
Occassionally the 'little tab' takes the back off my kindle, exposing the battery. Not often, but has happened 2-3 times.
I don't see the 'little tab'. Just the slight bump on the right inside cover...is that what you're referring to?
jpeter1093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2008, 12:58 PM   #21
jmdor
Enthusiast
jmdor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle; ex-Sony PRS500
It's a plastic tab in the center of the cover buy the carboard bumpouts that you slide your kindle into. My tab extended too far, and kept pushing off the back. Amazon is sending me a new cover. (I was able to tell by comparing twith the cover that my mother got with her kindle -- a difference of 2 mm easy).
jmdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:17 AM   #22
geoelectric
geoelectric began at the beginning.

Interesting, re: "cardboard bumpouts," etc. I'm pretty sure that cardboard insert's just for shipping to keep the spine/corner-restraints from getting crumpled. I pulled it out first thing, cover fits and folds great on my Kindle.
geoelectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #23
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
Hey you guys don't leave the cardboard in there do you? I ripped that out assuming it was just for shipping purposes.

It works fine for me without the cardboard. I use it every day with the cover.
What cardboard are you referring to? The thin
strip that ran down the inside spine of the cover? If so, I took that out right away.

However, unlike the Sony cover, mine (only two days old) does not want to bend back a'tall. I'll keep trying to see if it loosens up.

I like the cover opened half way while reading on my back. Can just put it on my stomach and it sits there without having to hold it.

However, while sitting, I'd like it folded back. Can I really force it back without ruining anything?
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:31 PM   #24
geoelectric
geoelectric began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
However, while sitting, I'd like it folded back. Can I really force it back without ruining anything?
Yep. There's nothing in there to ruin, just leather.

Geo
geoelectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:21 PM   #25
Alisa
Gadget Geek

I just checked www.buymedge.com for an update on covers and they're now saying mid-February. *sigh*
Old 01-24-2008, 01:27 PM   #26
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoelectric View Post
Yep. There's nothing in there to ruin, just leather.

Geo
Ironic thought!

They've built the reader to stop us using dead trees only to have them surrounded by dead cows...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:38 PM   #27
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoelectric View Post
Yep. There's nothing in there to ruin, just leather.Geo
I kept folding the cover back time and again trying to get it to loosen up, but it never really did. Besides which, had the same trouble with trying to get the Kindle to stay in the cover. If I pushed down hard enough to engage the tab, the back came off exposing the battery. In addition, the cover did not fold properly, not being parallel with the back part of the cover. Also, it did not want to stay closed.

Finally wrote Amazon and they sent me a new one. Looks exactly the same, but very easily folds back, and closes properly. So, obviously there is quite a difference in covers.

It still sucks as far as keeping the device in it. Only fix is to pull the elastic band around the top or bottom right side edge.

Can't wait for somebody to make a good one!
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:57 PM   #28
cinabar
cinabar began at the beginning.

Device: SonyReader, Palm
Bought a small package of velcro fasteners each one is a square about a half inch on a side from Ace Hardware. Put on on each of the two corners opposite the "indentation" on the back cover and it holds quite well. Cover still sucks but there's no chance of it falling out.
cinabar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:10 AM   #29
PHugger
Connoisseur
PHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle 3G, Sony PRS-505
I just saw this thread over at Engadget and thought it might interest some Kindlers -
http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/07/k...om-waterfield/

PCH
PHugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:41 PM   #30
Just4Fun
Enthusiast
Just4Fun began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle/iphone/ipad/Pocket Entourage/MacBook/Windows
Quote:
From ebooknerd:

M-edge finally has the new Kindle cover ready to order and shipping on March 1, 2008.

Very, very nice!

http://www.buymedge.com/index.html
This looks like a great option. The back of the Kindle is also apparently accessible. That would be helpful. I don't mind the cover that is shipped with the Kindle, but I thought I would pass ebooknerd's information on in this thread too. HTHs.
Just4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote