Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
3G in Canada:k2-good,k3-bad

I just got a K3 today and I've noticed that the 3G reception on it is kinda spotty.
I never seem to get full bars and it fades in and out.
i have a K2 and a DXG as well and both of them are full bars all of the time.
I notice that the K3 seems to run off of Rogers (bleh) so maybe that has something to do with it..?
anybody else notice this issue or recommend some kind of fix (...I know..)?
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
cjottawa
Tempus fugit.
cjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Keyboard
You can manually switch to a different 3G network on the K3G. Doing so improved 3G performance on mine.

Take a look at this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...29#post1233329
cjottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #3
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

fantastic.
looks like the rogers network it was connected to is only 2G.
thanks.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:26 PM   #4
bZkindle
Fanatic

so after messing about with the 3G connections I'm finding that while it is better than the 2G connection I was on, the other ones aren't much better as far as signal strength.
I've never seen full bars yet.
on my k2/DXG I've never seen anything but full bars.
HUH?
Old 01-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #5
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
I'm in Montreal, and my Whispernet is Bell. I have a choice of Rodgers, but Bell has always been quite good. I've even been able to receive my NYTimes while at a chalet in the Laurentians where no one's cell phone worked. And I downloaded a couple of books from Amazon while in a tent near Lac St. Jean.

I don't know what network I was on while in the Dominican Republic last month, but it worked very well. How cool is it to be sitting on a beach with what looks like a little book, and have your newspapers delivered? I liike my K2i!
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #6
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by montalex View Post
I'm in Montreal, and my Whispernet is Bell. I have a choice of Rodgers, but Bell has always been quite good. I've even been able to receive my NYTimes while at a chalet in the Laurentians where no one's cell phone worked. And I downloaded a couple of books from Amazon while in a tent near Lac St. Jean.

I don't know what network I was on while in the Dominican Republic last month, but it worked very well. How cool is it to be sitting on a beach with what looks like a little book, and have your newspapers delivered? I liike my K2i!
I was in the Dominican Republic last year and had great wireless. Beach, rum and a Kindle (2i)....it's good to be alive!!

Sorry I can't help with your Canada problem.....
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
bZkindle
Fanatic

i was thinking that maybe the signal is represented differently on the K3; being that I have full bars always on the k2/DXG.
the K3 is no doubt faster anyway so perhaps it's just a perception thing.
my signal seems to have stabilized too since I switched it to bhell.
(As an aside, I never thought is was possible to switch between providers on a SIM card. For example, if you have a Company X SIM you are locked to that provider. I'm curious how the kindle is different.)