Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #16
Naloomi
Building Better Worlds
Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.

Device: PRS-600, 3G Kindle Keyboard, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, Paperwhite 2
KUAL - not as of yet. Been opening the various files in notepad on my windows machine and I can't find what is probably obvious to others (ie, which file and which thing to change, etc)

Chris
Aka naloomi
Naloomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #17
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
/mnt/us/extensions/scroller/autoscroller

#!/bin/sh
SSSTATE=`lipc-get-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver`
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 0
/mnt/us/extensions/scroller/bin/runner.sh & # HERE IS WHERE YOU COULD PUT THE ARGS LIKE ./runner.sh 5 21 0 & (or w/e)
( dbus-monitor "interface='com.lab126.powerd',member='goingToScre enSaver'" --system; killall -9 runner.sh; lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver "$SSSTATE"; ) &
usleep 30000
killall -INT dbus-monitor

in there mate...

pursuant to the specs outlined here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=31

Last edited by twobob; 05-19-2013 at 02:16 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
That might not be a broken screen. It might be a faulty screen controller.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #19
Naloomi
Building Better Worlds
Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.

I fear I am doing something wrong.
I find KUAL on my screen, launch it, and see KUAL, Helper, Scroller, Quit. When I click on it it closes and goes directly back to my Collection View (default for me). I had it working at one time where 'Chris's 2nd Kindle' was shifted left, but now I can't get it to work at all.

WAIT! It is working, sortof...When I launched a book (Exile's Return) the screen refreshed 2x and shifted left 2x. Just tested with shifting up/down a little bit. It has helped a tad with the Font at setting #3.

The biggest issue now is Paragraph breaks mess up the alignment for a while. But I guess beggars can't be choosers, eh?

Chris
aka Naloomi
Old 05-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #20
Naloomi
Building Better Worlds

Idea for a hack or edit:

I ONLY read on my kindle. I don't annotate. Heck, before today I didn't know the D-Pad allowed you to skip chapters. Etc.

Would there be a way to 'on the fly' use the d-pad while reading to 'adjust' the placement of the text on the screen?

Maybe it's a hairbrained idea, but I thought I would share.

Chris
aka Naloomi
Old 05-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #21
Naloomi
Building Better Worlds

Okay, at 52% it is lined up quite well so that the % read of the book is right on the 2 lines. Now, I seem to be able to either have it at 52% down OR where the screensaver never turns on. Am I missing something in order to get both? When the screensaver turns on I have to reload the SCROLLER app to get it 52% down.

Am I missing something?

Chris
aka Naloomi
Old 05-19-2013, 02:11 AM   #22
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That might not be a broken screen. It might be a faulty screen controller.
What difference does that make to the guy when has already indicated he is not going to swap the screen.

Of course since he indicated he is not going to switch the screen we will never know will we.

Last edited by twobob; 05-19-2013 at 02:15 AM.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:13 AM   #23
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naloomi View Post
Okay, at 52% it is lined up quite well so that the % read of the book is right on the 2 lines. Now, I seem to be able to either have it at 52% down OR where the screensaver never turns on. Am I missing something in order to get both? When the screensaver turns on I have to reload the SCROLLER app to get it 52% down.

Am I missing something?

Chris
aka Naloomi
Okay thanks... I'll have a play then, 52% you say.

Right will figure something out. I usually try to Link it to the page turn to prevent additional key clicks but in your case gonna have to think of something else.

I'll have a quick play once I have woken up
Old 05-24-2013, 05:20 AM   #24
electronicfur
Connoisseur
electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Samsung Note FBReader, Nook Simple Touch FBReader, (Kindle3 died)
Twobob, ask in your local Sainsburys for the cheap Simple Touch. Mine had none out on display, but had a load of stock when I got them to check.

For me I dont think the scroller app would work, as half the screen has a problem.
electronicfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #25
Naloomi
Building Better Worlds

Thank you Twobob. I did get it working and it was great. Took it camping and screen broke even worse than before.

Luckily I had been pursuing a Sony PRS-600 through Craigslist that I bought for $30 (with a lighted case). Been a good reader for last 2 weeks. Then I found my GOOD kindle yesterday while rearranging the living room.

So now I have to decide which ereader to keep and which to give to my daughter when my son inherits the PRS-500. That discussion is in another thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=215592

Thank you very much for all the help.

Chris
aka Naloomi
Old 06-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #26
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
could you share a picture of it working if possible? it is a cool idea!
or not, since you said the screen is even more broken than before.. sorry
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hack, kindle keyboard