Old 11-16-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
mharrop19
mharrop19 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600 & EB1150
Exporting the database...

Hi there....

Love the program

I have a feature request...

I use Collector.com's Book Collector to catalog all of my THOUSANDS of Dead Tree books, and would also like to do the same with my ebook collection...the program even allows for ebooks.

Rather than retype everything I already have in Calibre, it would be great if I could export the Calibre collection to a comma deliminated text file for import.

Any chance of this being implemented ?

Cheers!
Mark
mharrop19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
What is wrong with the list option to the calibredb command?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2009, 07:23 PM   #3
mharrop19

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
What is wrong with the list option to the calibredb command?
?????

I am a WinXP user, and don't see anything in the program that resembles your instruction.

A bit more verbose would help this calibre newbie
Old 11-17-2009, 01:09 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There are a lot of commands that are available in a command window to give functionality over and above that exposed in the GUI, calibredb being one of them. Calibredb is covered here in the User Manual for calibre.

I think it would be a good idea if the GUI had a link to call up the User Manual (probably means adding a Help topic to the main menu buttons) as it would make it a bit more obvious and accessible. Possibly even specific links to the main sections of the User Manual.

Last edited by itimpi; 11-17-2009 at 04:14 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:16 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is a link to display the User Manual (it's to the right of the big red heart). And one of the features in my TODO list is adding export of the database to various formats (including e-book formats) to the GUI
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard

I always thought that simply took you the web site and you then had to find the User Manual! Why not rename the link to something like "Calibre Online User Manual" which would make it more obvious as a link to the User Manual. You may still want a link with the current text that takes you the calibre.kovidgoyal.net top level - but there is room there for both. Do you want me to raise a ticket for this?
Old 11-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
good idea, open a ticket, I'm currrently travelling so can't really work on calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:02 PM   #8
itimpi
Wizard

OK - ticket #4042 raised.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #9
mharrop19

Thanks to you both for the help !

Its great to see such fast response, AND the ability to get enhancements to the program, so quick and easy !

Keep up the great work

mark